• ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Bingo. Why they gotta be tricksy?

A patrol car would slow ALL traffic, making it safer for all and arguably complete the purpose with little effort

Obviously the primary goal is revenue generation. If safety were the goal in construction zones, as you said, marked cruisers would slow traffic much more than these trucks.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Obviously the primary goal is revenue generation. If safety were the goal in construction zones, marked cruisers would slow traffic much more than these trucks.

there thinkin' is you see a INDOT truck it could be a cop.....so many be everybody will slow down...

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I tend to agree with Michael Douglas. There's nothing wrong with the street.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8b3963VRW4[/ame]

(NSFW Language)

:):

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    They are advertising this because they want EVERYONE to slow down. People only slow down if they see a marked car. They are telling all drivers that the Troopers COULD be at ANY construction zone and you will not know, in the hopes that people will slow down because the Trooper could be there and they cannot see them. If they just wanted to be tricky they would not bother to advertise this and no one would know any better till they were pulled over. ISP has been doing this for years and years. Just slow down in the construction zone and you have no worries.

Quoted cause a lot of people seem to have missed this.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    Exactly ^^^^

Why are we spending any money on new vehicles ? Just another example of why we need smaller guberment .

Speaking of this...

I watched a car get pulled over on I-74 the other day by an unmarked SHELBY COBRA. Seriously????????? Maybe if I join the squad, I can drive around a badass car on other peoples dollars?

I take that back.....no such thing as a badass Ford :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    They are advertising this because they want EVERYONE to slow down. People only slow down if they see a marked car. They are telling all drivers that the Troopers COULD be at ANY construction zone and you will not know, in the hopes that people will slow down because the Trooper could be there and they cannot see them. If they just wanted to be tricky they would not bother to advertise this and no one would know any better till they were pulled over. ISP has been doing this for years and years. Just slow down in the construction zone and you have no worries.

Quoted again for good measure.

The marked cruiser will slow folks down, but you can't put a marked cruiser everywhere. If you get people to wonder if it's a Trooper or not whenever they see a white INDOT truck, then you can get more people to slow down. Some will still blow by, but some will slow down just to be safe in case it's a Trooper. I guess it's more fun to think it's a big conspiracy to raise revenue for the State. The man is always holdin' me down when I want to endanger lives! :)

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    i hope they catch a bunch speeders in work zones with the truck trick.....i'v been one of those guys out there work and some a^%hat blows threw at 70 2ft from you.....it's bad enough them doin' 45....

If that's what they really wanted, they would park a MARKED patrol car, or more than one, in the construction zone, with the cops standing in the open door pointing radar guns at traffic. Traffic would go the speed limit. Right now.

The guy on the front end would radio the guy at the other end and give him description/license of who to pull over and cite.

They WANT people to speed, because construction zone tickets are $$$$. Unmarked cars encourage the desired behavior: speeding in construction zones.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    It was a joke, just like Dodge's transmissions.

My 96 must have been built one of the days people cared about what they were doing. Around 150,000 miles and has been beaten but is still fine. I know of a few people that had issues (one dropped 3 trannies before 50,000 miles) but I know many more that haven't had a single issue.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Speaking of this...

I watched a car get pulled over on I-74 the other day by an unmarked SHELBY COBRA. Seriously????????? Maybe if I join the squad, I can drive around a badass car on other peoples dollars?

I take that back.....no such thing as a badass Ford :D
    It is a standard Mustang that the Trooper placed his own Shelby markings on.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Everyone be safe out there.:patriot:

Police unveil new patrol vehicle for work zones - 13 WTHR

15156345_BG1.jpg

Awesome. I think this is a good thing.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Hmmm....I've noticed in the last few years, since the economic "downturn", that a LOT of taxpayer funded entities are getting new vehicles, and not just new, but expensive new vehicles. We closed an elementary school here in town after citizens voted down a property tax, since then, the school system has bought a Kawasaki 4 wheeler thingy for the weird little janitor guy to use picking up litter, (which he's done on foot for as long as I can remember), several Ford flexes for the admin staff to use, and numerous other odd little purchases. The street department has done the same, as well as PD and fire. Why is everybody, well, us lowly subjects anyway, tightening their belts and watching how we spend, while our employees are laughing their asses off driving top of the line vehicles? I view this kind of crap as them thumbing their noses at the rest of us, it's why I will never vote for a single person currently holding office, ANY OFFICE!!:xmad: It makes me want to puke!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom