• ...and so much more!
  • Am I crazy for asking?

• Total voters

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    How can someone be thinking about buying their first handgun (which one needs $$ to do), but not be able to come up with $75 when someone is willing to GIVE you a gun?

Even if the gun and the whole transaction were free, it's going to cost more than $75 for cleaning supplies, holster, case, and two-hundred rounds of ammo to get up to speed.

Seventy-five dollars in gas at $1.85 and assuming 15 mpg would get you 608 miles (or 304 miles each way). Assuming you're both in Indiana that's a bit of a stretch since Indiana is only 270 miles long. If you're not both in Indiana it has to go through an FFL.

It's things like this that make me wonder about this story. I mean, you can't blame us for being skeptical.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I will drive to a location on the route and hand out one Gatorade as an INGO relay team member passes by and again for the return runner.:):

Or have him ship it to you.:yesway:

Crazy big balls.:rockwoot:

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    .......Yes, I too have a friend that wants to give me a.... AR15. The only catch is that I must drive to pick it up. I dont have the money so if you could please donate $1200.95 to help me buy, I mean pick up this gun I would love you long time.

Last edited:

Blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    It's not really about being hazed. I think most folks here think you're just pulling our leg. You see, you've hit upon a group of folks who value and respect self-reliance. A group who, nearly universally, find displeasure in handouts and great admiration for hard work. Not a lot of fans of the Obama handout plans here.

Not that we're not givers - for a hardworking member, we've been known to turn out figuratively and literally to help out in time of need. "Time of need..." something for an honorable person who hit a hard place. I.e. Your buddy who forgot his wallet at lunch.

Not the guy consistently standing on the interstate exit ramp begging for cash. (though I have bought food for a handful of folks like that.)

Well like I said I don't mind working for my dollar. But I don't mind a hand out after being screwed so many times either XD

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Well like I said I don't mind working for my dollar. But I don't mind a hand out after being screwed so many times either XD

A website idea maybe?

site_09.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I will drive to a location on the route and hand out one Gatorade as an INGO relay team member passes by and again for the return runner.:):

Or have him ship it to you.:yesway:

Crazy big balls.:rockwoot:

Can I exchange the gatorade for a BEER.:D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    This is the fastest thread I've seen on here!!! :rockwoot:

I also heard that chick was seen shopping at Nordstroms!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    :popcorn::laugh:Somebody could send him a $1 donation and put gun related words all over the subject and message parts.

Top Bottom