PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We shouldn't do that, he may get mad and send an angry letter to admin, which may result in him being banned now and for the numerous schill accounts he will attempt to start.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    3 more to go, then we can see what he's after.

EDIT:

Something happened....

hqdefault.jpg

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Some may say it's cold or mean to those that members.

Sorry, I have little compassion for those that

Know the rules, yet don't care,
    Come to the thread that discusses those that break the rules and complain about them,
    Post in that thread about themselves needing to break those rules,
    Then proceed to actually break the rules they just told us they were going to go break.
    Clutter up the forum with useless posts that we all are forced to sift through, ignoring anyone that makes a comment to them after their useless chaff.

Yeah, not much sympathy.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    he may get mad and send an angry letter to admin,

Nah, it's all good man. You guys run your site a certain way and it's pay to play. I get it, I'm just happy the guy sent me a PM or I would have kept plugging away lol.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if I had skipped this meddlin' thread lol.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nah, it's all good man. You guys run your site a certain way and it's pay to play. I get it, I'm just happy the guy sent me a PM or I would have kept plugging away lol.

And I would have gotten away with it too, if I had skipped this meddlin' thread lol.

Probably not. You filled up the entire first page of unread posts with your username. It's very obvious to anyone that looks at it.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Know the rules, yet don't care,
    Come to the thread that discusses those that break the rules and complain about them,
    Post in that thread about themselves needing to break those rules,
    Then proceed to actually break the rules they just told us they were going to go break.

You've got it all wrong, boss, I only knew I needed 50 posts to send a PM, not that it was "against the rules". Not trying to ruin your forum, sorry if it came off that way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No actually when your name appears on last post for twenty threads on the unread posts page people will check you out. It is not pay to play, we just want to know who is on the playground.

But, you can pay if you just want to buy and sell.

We would rather you become a part of the community.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    No actually when your name appears on last post for twenty threads on the unread posts page people will check you out. It is not pay to play, we just want to know who is on the playground.

But, you can pay if you just want to buy and sell.

We would rather you become a part of the community.

Exactly.

You've got it all wrong, boss, I only knew I needed 50 posts to send a PM, not that it was "against the rules". Not trying to ruin your forum, sorry if it came off that way.

If you want to know WHY the rule exists and WHY we are so protective of the forum then go here and read for a while.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/408311-info-new-guys-looking-ads-section.html

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    $20 minimum per year. However you can donate any amount over that if you please.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Exactly.
    then go here and read for a while.

I'm not saying this to offend you, but "Read for awhile" is why I don't have 50 posts on ingo. I like the site for the updates on what's happening when, interacting occasionally with people after a match, it's great for that. But the less-than intuitive site design and the sheer volume of pages a topic gets makes harvesting viable information on something in the old-school forum-style website very time consuming. I've already blown like an hour and half trying to avoid paying $20 in an unsuccessful bid to buy - and here's the big reveal - a $50 dollar holster.

At this point I have to move on with my day, appreciate the information fellas, if I see something I want where the price of admission is not more than half the price of the product I'll consider donating. Thanks! have a good one.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I'm not saying this to offend you, but "Read for awhile" is why I don't have 50 posts on ingo. I like the site for the updates on what's happening when, interacting occasionally with people after a match, it's great for that. But the less-than intuitive site design and the sheer volume of pages a topic gets makes harvesting viable information on something in the old-school forum-style website very time consuming. I've already blown like an hour and half trying to avoid paying $20 in an unsuccessful bid to buy - and here's the big reveal - a $50 dollar holster.

At this point I have to move on with my day, appreciate the information fellas, if I see something I want where the price of admission is not more than half the price of the product I'll consider donating. Thanks! have a good one.

A perfect example of why the rules is da rules. Bye Felicia.

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    Don't go away mad, just go away.

My apologies if you were unhappy with our interaction. I genuinely don't know what you found off-putting? I thought you, specifically, would rather I become a part of the community? Do you want me to continue to (casually, not 50-seek) post on ingo or am I now unwelcome here? I am not mad I am just confused?

I have had enjoyable conversations(now deleted, apparently) with people here in the past would like to be able to continue to have them, but if the community would prefer I not be a member I would be willing to stop using the site.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My apologies if you were unhappy with our interaction. I genuinely don't know what you found off-putting? I thought you, specifically, would rather I become a part of the community? Do you want me to continue to (casually, not 50-seek) post on ingo or am I now unwelcome here? I am not mad I am just confused?

I have had enjoyable conversations(now deleted, apparently) with people here in the past would like to be able to continue to have them, but if the community would prefer I not be a member I would be willing to stop using the site.
    No one wants you to go away, just hang in there and make good posts until you get your 50. After that you can even make dumb posts like mine are usually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom