PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    Seems like you are insinuating that the ownership of the forum is running a "pay to play" scheme to extract money from new members. Here's the deal. Forums like this cost money to operate and depend on the membership to generate that income whether it be through a site supporter or just being an active participant in discussions that generate more traffic. One way or another we all have a vested interest in this community and are willing to put the effort into keeping it a solid resource for the Indiana Firearm community and beyond.

Come join us. You are welcome here. We all have to follow the same rules and guidelines to participate. This forum has many opportunities for one to make it a great experience if one chooses to put in a little effort.

No, not at all.
    My comments are only related to the replies. The only reply that addressed a pay option, also made note that a lot of times people will make the payment, buy or sell something and then never come back or at least never post after.

thanks for the invite to join in . I've been doing just that.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    I did not pay until I had over a thousand posts. I support INGO, because INGO.
    V
    We have a tight group here. We are not a clique, we are a community. We are always looking for new folk to join and join in. Many of know each other in the real. We Meet &Shoot, we Meet & Eat, we keep in touch with friends.

This is not an anonymous place on the internet.

I mean really though - there is no anonymity on the clearnet.

idealchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2020
    evansville
    Don't let some members scare you off. While there are certainly some who will look over lower post count members, many won't. You'll likely not run into any issues with getting or selling items after you meet the requirements to participate.

I personally have dealt with lots and lots of low post count members in the classifieds. No issues. As a matter of fact, two of my vehicles and my EDC have come from low post count member classifieds trades.

We certainly do want you as part of our discussion community, now and later. Yes, it's convenient to check your post history to verify good guy status prior to a trade. You'll find that you like doing this for trading also.

I agree that the pay to play in the classifieds with a site supporter thing looks bad. Buying into an arguably high annual fee to circumvent the idea that our classifieds is a perk to members who participate in the discussion community is counterintuitive, in my mind.

Personally, I don't think you should be able to buy your way into the classy's. I think the post count requirement should be higher and combined with a time as a member requirement.

Members should want to support the site for the community, knowledge and benefits that it provides them. I do. :twocents:

:ingo:

Thank you!
    I appreciate you taking the time to read and understand what I was saying.

touchy bunch.
    I wasn't trying to insult or insinuate anything conspiratorial.

I do really appreciate all the welcoming messages and those that helped explain how things work. I have a much better feel of what the site is like, and what is expected from it's members.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you!

touchy bunch.

I do really appreciate all the welcoming messages and those that helped explain how things work. I have a much better feel of what the site is like, and what is expected from it's members.

I have been here a while and know so many of the members personally. Not something many sites offer as so many want to remain key board safe and anonimouse.
    There is a culture here. But not a rough one. More like a protective one. Once you melt into the fabric of the place it rolls right along. And yes there is a lot of depth here. I call so many of these people my friends. Been a few I would like to meet in the real but best I dont.

Stick around. But watch the bwframe cat.....:):

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    Thank you!

touchy bunch.

At least you didn't have anyone ask you if you are an antifa member like they did me!! That was a first..

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have been here a while and know so many of the members personally. Not something many sites offer as so many want to remain key board safe and anonimouse.
    There is a culture here. But not a rough one. More like a protective one. Once you melt into the fabric of the place it rolls right along. And yes there is a lot of depth here. I call so many of these people my friends. Been a few I would like to meet in the real but best I dont.

Stick around. But watch the bwframe cat.....:):

We have deep depth (Yogi Berra) :D

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Statues can be rather dangerous. Have you not seen Night at the Museum 1,2 and 3.

Cryppie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2020
    US
    What are your feelings on statues?

No one has ever asked me that nor have I ever really thought about my feelings about statues. But now that you've asked, this comes to mind:

• They are a great excuse to see new places with family.
    • Also great way to get my kids to learn and like history.
    • It's pretty neat to look around and imagine how the person represented by the statue was actually there (sometimes).
    • I have a lot of pictures of my family that would be rather pointless without the statues included.
    • I wouldn't give or take a life protecting one.
    • I like to complain a lot when I see idiots destroying them but like everyone else I haven't done anything about it except for never voting democrat in my life.

That's about it for me and statues :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    No one has ever asked me that nor have I ever really thought about my feelings about statues. But now that you've asked, this comes to mind:

• They are a great excuse to see new places with family.
    • Also great way to get my kids to learn and like history.
    • It's pretty neat to look around and imagine how the person represented by the statue was actually there (sometimes).
    • I have a lot of pictures of my family that would be rather pointless without the statues included.
    • I wouldn't give or take a life protecting one.
    • I like to complain a lot when I see idiots destroying them but like everyone else I haven't done anything about it except for never voting democrat in my life.

That's about it for me and statues :)

[video=youtube_share;Otm4RusESNU]https://youtu.be/Otm4RusESNU[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom