Our Country And Communities Are Dying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    So...several months of these videos and it's fake?

Ok.

I forget sometimes that I'm on INGO. Surprised someone hasn't chirped up and said that it's real, but it's people suffering from being vaccinated as opposed to obvious heroin addiction.

As I said, I've never visited those places. I'm looking at clothes, haircuts, etc and the cutting of scenes using cars. The video in Camden doesn't have these in common so it looks more realistic to me. Here in the rural areas, druggies and the homeless don't have trimmed beards, recent hair cuts or clean clothes. Maybe things are different in urban areas.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Society in general? The people who moved so much of our manufacturing base across a giant ocean? Gremlins? Probably lots of people, all doing what was best for them in the moment but maybe not what was best for everyone long term.

I'm sure it'll shake out eventually. I'm equally sure we weren't learn much from it.
    Well, our manufacturing base was never responsible for getting stuff off the dock and into the hands of the people waiting on it, so I'm thinking the problem remains with the logistics people at this point. When you've got dozens (if not hundreds) of ships waiting offshore with product that is needed for manufacturers to do their jobs, then I don't think you can lay that at the feet of manufacturers.

I agree that the manufacturing should have never been moved offshore to begin with. We are perfectly capable of making computer chips et al, right here at home. We can make pretty much anything we need right here at home, but raw materials plays a part in that (rare earth minerals, etc.).

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, our manufacturing base was never responsible for getting stuff off the dock and into the hands of the people waiting on it, so I'm thinking the problem remains with the logistics people at this point. When you've got dozens (if not hundreds) of ships waiting offshore with product that is needed for manufacturers to do their jobs, then I don't think you can lay that at the feet of manufacturers.

I agree that the manufacturing should have never been moved offshore to begin with. We are perfectly capable of making computer chips et al, right here at home. We can make pretty much anything we need right here at home, but raw materials plays a part in that (rare earth minerals, etc.).

When you move manufacturing offshore, you (obviously) increase the traffic through the docks and make any snafu a bigger snafu.

I don't know the answer, but have the docks grown at a commiserate rate as the traffic? Have the connection railways and roads? I *think* the gov't owns the actual port, but the cargo depots are owned by private enterprise. I recall a kerfuffle about China and maybe Saudi Arabia buying a big chunk of the ownership, but I think China was forced to sell their position during the Trump years. I'm going from memory, and don't have the time to double check right now, so apologies if I misremembered.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Side note: Those guys actually get to pilot giant mech suit robot crane things. The mech suit dudes make nearly 3x what regular dock workers make. $100k a year and getting to walk around in a giant "robot suit" is almost kinda enough to sorta think about living in CA. Sure, they only move at the pace of a brisk walk and it's more crane than Transformer, but still. CA would be awesome if it wasn't for the Californians.
    You had me at robot suits.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Something else we've been importing from India. I would never have guessed what percentage of OTR truckers are Indian these days, and maybe it's not national but it's *very* prevalent in Indy. Then the support industries as well. Mechanics, trailer storage lots, etc.
    My experience has been that they are not 'just' Indian, but a significant percentage are Sikh

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    It's all fun and games until Robot Suit Fight Club, then no more robot suits.
    I want a Marauder suit from “Starship Troopers” - preferably with the Juan Rico “2 kiloton A-rocket” option.

I’m a thirty-second bomb!
    I’m a thirty-second bomb!
    Twenty-nine!
    Twenty-eight!
    Twenty-seven!
    . . .

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    A robot suit would be cool. I mean, they promised us we'd have flying cars by now, so the least they could do is give us robot suits.
    I got a laugh out of the dichotomy of your usual postings and this “they promised us” “least they could do” talk.
    I know you’re joking, but all humor is rooted in truth, and most people do have a price…
    (Not saying you do!)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have some real trouble believing that there are not people who can diagnose and solve any choke point in logistics at our freight docks. Go back to the ship "stuck" in the canal that slowed everything down, that was not an accident, and the slow remedy was not an accident.

I can only believe there is some regulating authority that is purposely calling the shots to choke down the economy, for the harm of America. Business is only willing to make money at every opportunity, they are not willing to turn away money making opportunities.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have some real trouble believing that there are not people who can diagnose and solve any choke point in logistics at our freight docks. Go back to the ship "stuck" in the canal that slowed everything down, that was not an accident, and the slow remedy was not an accident.

I can only believe there is some regulating authority that is purposely calling the shots to choke down the economy, for the harm of America. Business is only willing to make money at every opportunity, they are not willing to turn away money making opportunities.

Illuminati aside, diagnosing the problem is easy. It's done and it's no secret. Solving it is not an overnight process. You can't snap your fingers and create more trains or expand freight facilities. Things will be back to normal in a year or so, we will learn no lessons about how fragile our supply chains actually are, we'll still pretend we could have a shooting war with China if we wanted to, and all the lizard people theories will be as disowned as FEMA death camps and Jade Helm.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Great Reset. The reason it's not being fixed is that the people in charge think ordinary Americans need to be trained to consume less and expect a lower standard of living.

We can deploy the National Guard to replace Americans fired for political reasons but we can't deploy them to fill the night shift at a port.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Great Reset. The reason it's not being fixed is that the people in charge think ordinary Americans need to be trained to consume less and expect a lower standard of living.

We can deploy the National Guard to replace Americans fired for political reasons but we can't deploy them to fill the night shift at a port.

Should not be filing private positions, but do agree with the point you're making.

Remember when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers? It was outstanding.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Should not be filing private positions, but do agree with the point you're making.

Remember when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers? It was outstanding.
    Agree, the point of the National Guard is not to be an all-purpose mandatory labor pool to replace Americans who have been targeted for political retaliation. But it goes to show that these Great Reseters are happy to break everything, and only fix what they want to fix. They don't want to fix this, they want to make it permanent.

Top Bottom