Our Country And Communities Are Dying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Yesterday I visited Trenton, NJ. I know, I know, many of you will think I am nuts. You may be correct, however, I love history and wanted to see the monuments to the Revolutionary War battles. I really enjoyed the Old Barracks museum.

The remainder was rather depressing. This is a state capital, and there is absolutely nothing decent about it in any way. Trash everywhere. Broken bottles, needles, etc. People, obviously without anything better to do, gathered on the street corners with boom boxes blaring music in the middle of the day. This is downtown, a few hundred yards from the capital building. The monument to the victory is relatively clean, but shows obvious signs of vandalism.

The most remarkable thing about the day was that when I tried to leave I had to take a detour because an entire road, downtown, was blocked off with yellow crime scene tape. Cops, ambulances, and news crews abundant. I couldn't see what had happened, but saw no evidence of a traffic accident.

I then made my way to the battlefield at Princeton. It was literally a different world even though it was only about 15 miles away. It left me very discouraged. I don't see how this is sustainable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I were King, I'd immediately lift all Covid restrictions and remove all extended and enhanced unemployment benefits and tell people to get their asses back to work. I'd declare that the longshoremen were essential personnel and order them back to work, 3 shifts, 7 days a week until the backlogs were cleared. Same for truckers and other supply chain essential personnel. Kind of like the WWII era.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wouldn't resort to stealing, that's for sure.

When you watch your kids start starving, you'll be surprised what you'll do.
    It has happened before, all over the place. We aren't special or any different from the people these kinds of disasters hit before in history.

Go to Russia sometimes and see what it's like trying to board a plane, and you'll see how society that has been through this behaves. It's every man for themselves, only the boldest and strongest survive.
    So when they call your seating, every single person with a ticket will cram their way to the front of the line trying to walk over everyone else. Because if they didn't behave that way, they wouldn't be alive today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When you watch your kids start starving, you'll be surprised what you'll do.
    It has happened before, all over the place. We aren't special or any different from the people these kinds of disasters hit before in history.
    I don't have any kids (I skipped straight to grandkids). But I cannot see a situation where I would do that. It would take a TEOTWAWKI event. Losing my job? Nope, I'd be employed the next day, one way or another.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yesterday I visited Trenton, NJ. I know, I know, many of you will think I am nuts. You may be correct, however, I love history and wanted to see the monuments to the Revolutionary War battles. I really enjoyed the Old Barracks museum.

The remainder was rather depressing. This is a state capital, and there is absolutely nothing decent about it in any way. Trash everywhere. Broken bottles, needles, etc. People, obviously without anything better to do, gathered on the street corners with boom boxes blaring music in the middle of the day. This is downtown, a few hundred yards from the capital building. The monument to the victory is relatively clean, but shows obvious signs of vandalism.

The most remarkable thing about the day was that when I tried to leave I had to take a detour because an entire road, downtown, was blocked off with yellow crime scene tape. Cops, ambulances, and news crews abundant. I couldn't see what had happened, but saw no evidence of a traffic accident.

I then made my way to the battlefield at Princeton. It was literally a different world even though it was only about 15 miles away. It left me very discouraged. I don't see how this is sustainable.
    It’s not sustainable.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't have any kids (I skipped straight to grandkids). But I cannot see a situation where I would do that. It would take a TEOTWAWKI event. Losing my job? Nope, I'd be employed the next day, one way or another.

I don't think you grasp how dim things get if the mandates go through and how far it will go.

France is starting to become a prime example. Vaccine checkers at the door to grocery stores, with lines of riot police to keep unvaccinated out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think you grasp how dim things get if the mandates go through and how far it will go.

France is starting to become a prime example. Vaccine checkers at the door to grocery stores, with lines of riot police to keep unvaccinated out.
    Well, I guess I'm fortunate in that I got vaxxed before the mandate, after much consideration for me. At no point have I been in favor of mandates, and I've never advocated for or against the vaccine itself. Being checked in the future never occurred to me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, I guess I'm fortunate in that I got vaxxed before the mandate, after much consideration for me. At no point have I been in favor of mandates, and I've never advocated for or against the vaccine itself. Being checked in the future never occurred to me.
    Sounds like you just volunteered to do all of our grocery shopping for us ;)

PM doggy daddy your grocery lists and what day you want him to bring it by. I call Friday’s

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    When the man making decisions had an office in town, if he did something crooked, he could be arrested. You could walk into his office and punch him. That keeps people accountable. If your savings disappears today, you don't even know what state to go and start looking for the crook. You don't even have a name to start your search.

I could draw several parallels between this and the benefits of decentralization, secession, etc.

Reactions: Leo

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    We had a barn once that was leased out to a ****** renter. It became overrun with rats.

Traps, poison, and an opportunistic gun shot put an end to it.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

Here's what the death of a nation looks like.

This stuff boils my blood.

Allow me share a few thoughts. In the spirit of self improvement please tell me how wrong or right I am and why.

Thoughts:
    1) if they refuse to empower the police and legal system to handle these things fairly, they should empower us to take care of it ourselves. Physical or where needed deadly force.

2) let's empower private security firms to act as a sort of police to handle it.
    2.5) I feel the same way about ranchers in southern border states. Hire security to secure your ranch border to prevent Coyotes from using your land.

3) my current last shred of hope is centered on the pendulum has swung really far to one side. Soon there will be a tragedy that will swing it back to sanity.

These crazy times are not sustainable, Americans are a resilient people. We have seen some ****. We will endure this, we will come out on the other side.

Top Bottom