Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Just got home from Walmart and costco.

Was disappointed costco didn't have the ribeye roast? Or huge chunk of ribeye you can slice down to the thickness you want.

Since we are on a well, we don't drink the water nor have it hooked to the ice maker in the fridge. Have been wanting an ice maker for a long time now. Walmart had a Frigidaire counter top ice maker for like 80 bucks. Makes a glass worth of ice cubes in about 25 minutes.

It is more of an on demand type maker and the cubes can't be stored long in it. Good news is if they melt the water goes back to freeze again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got home from Walmart and costco.

Was disappointed costco didn't have the ribeye roast? Or huge chunk of ribeye you can slice down to the thickness you want.

Since we are on a well, we don't drink the water nor have it hooked to the ice maker in the fridge. Have been wanting an ice maker for a long time now. Walmart had a Frigidaire counter top ice maker for like 80 bucks. Makes a glass worth of ice cubes in about 25 minutes.

It is more of an on demand type maker and the cubes can't be stored long in it. Good news is if they melt the water goes back to freeze again.
    Howdy Brandon. We're on a well and we drink the water. I'd be more hesitant to drink city water. With the water softener, we really don't have any iron or calcium deposit issues.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You're going to have to explain that one for me.

To me, stuffed cabbage is pulling off the outer leaves, blanching them lightly, rolling wonderful things up inside and baking or steaming.

But you're putting them in a soup?

Never tried to boil or simmer them in liquid.

'Splain? Type slowly for me, please.
    :):
    As the fancy chef said, stuffed cabbage rolls, deconstructed. So it is hamburger, onion, rice, cabbage in beef broth, tomato sauce, pepper, salt and paprika.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Howdy Brandon. We're on a well and we drink the water. I'd be more hesitant to drink city water. With the water softener, we really don't have any iron or calcium deposit issues.
    I love the taste of our water however like onions, it messes with me pretty bad.

City water isn't even available here - yet.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    As the fancy chef said, stuffed cabbage rolls, deconstructed. So it is hamburger, onion, rice, cabbage in beef broth, tomato sauce, pepper, salt and paprika.
    That sounds very similar to the cabbage and meatballs my MIL used to make. The onion and rice were in the meatballs though.

BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Our softener has quit. We have to replace it.
    We don't drink city water; it's toxic. Not only to us, but to our expensive appliances.

Never have drunk city water since I've lived here for 30 yrs, convinced my native Hoosier wife after just a few samples of what clean water was.
    We buy drinking water for now, still.

She keeps finding these ads (we talk about this and the ads flow) where they don't cost much.
    I ask her did she check the duty capabilities.

I need, WE need a new appliance that will serve all our water needs, not just one sink, like the cheap ones she keeps finding from pop up ads. She's begging to know what I am waiting for.

I would treasure a suggestion for a BIG A55, Whole House, Everything softener that doesn't cost $2.5K plus a $k to install or more.

(there goes my unpteenth chance at my first AR)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Our softener has quit. We have to replace it.
    We don't drink city water; it's toxic. Not only to us, but to our expensive appliances.

Never have drunk city water since I've lived here for 30 yrs, convinced my native Hoosier wife after just a few samples of what clean water was.
    We buy drinking water for now, still.

She keeps finding these ads (we talk about this and the ads flow) where they don't cost much.
    I ask her did she check the duty capabilities.

I need, WE need a new appliance that will serve all our water needs, not just one sink, like the cheap ones she keeps finding from pop up ads. She's begging to know what I am waiting for.

I would treasure a suggestion for a BIG A55, Whole House, Everything softener that doesn't cost $2.5K plus a $k to install or more.

(there goes my unpteenth chance at my first AR)
    I've got the same softener that was here when we bought the house from Mom back in 2005. Had one issue with a sticky valve a few years ago (just needed cleaning) and the guy checking it said our resin tank is still good too (never have replaced). I don't know what this system cost. It came from these guys:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom