• Status
    Not open for further replies.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    i installed a Fleck unit close to 8 years ago and have had zero issues.
    I converted my whole house to rigid plastic CPVC years ago since my house was a cluster**** of copper, galvanized, black, and some brass thrown in for good measure. The main line going into the old non-functioning water softener was a short piece of 3/8 brass that was full of deposits to boot. Needless to say you could not do anything at all at the same time, flushing while someone showered could earn you a death penalty

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Our softener has quit. We have to replace it.
    We don't drink city water; it's toxic. Not only to us, but to our expensive appliances.

Never have drunk city water since I've lived here for 30 yrs, convinced my native Hoosier wife after just a few samples of what clean water was.
    We buy drinking water for now, still.

She keeps finding these ads (we talk about this and the ads flow) where they don't cost much.
    I ask her did she check the duty capabilities.

I need, WE need a new appliance that will serve all our water needs, not just one sink, like the cheap ones she keeps finding from pop up ads. She's begging to know what I am waiting for.

I would treasure a suggestion for a BIG A55, Whole House, Everything softener that doesn't cost $2.5K plus a $k to install or more.

(there goes my unpteenth chance at my first AR)
    Buy the softener.. if the Balloon goes up we got spare ARs.
    I've been on a pond well for 30 yrs. Reverse osmosis filter for the drinking water. Whole house sediment filter for all other uses. Shower smells a little funny in July/August but I'm not dead yet. Used a Brita pitcher for a long time b4 we got the RO system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom