• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I never could eat spare ribs or any of the fattier cuts of pork (the dark meat mostly) either. Pork loin was fine, and baby back ribs were fine. Spare ribs or country style ribs were a no go.
    Oh... I love country BBQ ribs. Cook them in the pressure pot and then toss them on the grill to get a bark. :drool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I remember when I was working at Sizzler up in Lafayette, we would have all you can eat beef ribs. They were good and we went through a ton of them. One time, our meat vendor accidentally shipped us a case of beef short ribs. We couldn't serve them, so the owner let me have them. OMG... those were so good. The meat was like prime rib. :drool:

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I remember when I was working at Sizzler up in Lafayette, we would have all you can eat beef ribs. They were good and we went through a ton of them. One time, our meat vendor accidentally shipped us a case of beef short ribs. We couldn't serve them, so the owner let me have them. OMG... those were so good. The meat was like prime rib. :drool:
    See... I just finished dinner, and you're making me hungry.:ugh:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The oven dries them out, to a degree, but the pressure cooker, forces the moisture into the meat. Even a crockpot keeps the moisture in my experience.
    Well, I would do them like I do my baby backs. With about a 1/4" of water and liquid smoke in the bottom of a baking dish, ribs on a rack, and then tightly covered with foil. Kept them moist.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That is very nice !
    He has another dog (female - Ellie) that is deaf, and I think Ruthie and her surprised each other one evening last week because I heard the barking. I walked out to see if everything was okay (it was) and that's when he told me about having to have Rico put down. He was a beautiful Shepherd.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    He has another dog (female - Ellie) that is deaf, and I think Ruthie and her surprised each other one evening last week because I heard the barking. I walked out to see if everything was okay (it was) and that's when he told me about having to have Rico put down. He was a beautiful Shepherd.
    Those days are some of the worst days.:(

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Those days are some of the worst days.:(
    Yes they are. I don't know for sure what the issue was with Rico. He seemed pretty mellow. Never even barked at me or anything when I would be out by the fence, although he would come up and just watch me. I think he told me that he had cancer or something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I suppose that is part of the reason I didn’t get another dog after my last one died. Hard to deal with, I end up crying like a baby.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I suppose that is part of the reason I didn’t get another dog after my last one died. Hard to deal with, I end up crying like a baby.
    But it is so worth it I think. They pack a lot of love into a relatively short period of time. It hurts like hell when they go though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I need to fix mustard greens tomorrow. So I will eat sausage patties in the morning. I use bacon in my greens.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    It's hard not to have the pitter-patter of paws and the soulful eyes, after years of it being with you.
    Dogs are the only living thing, that loves you more than it loves itself. They are loyal until the end.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom