• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rudyman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    dekalb co.
    saw our first deer at 8:00 2 does ,stayed out until 10:00 .went back after son got out of basketball practice at 3:oo .he shot a bedded 7 point on the way to our spot 12 gauge slug in the neck .

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I went to a new spot this year with a buddy and there were way to many people hunting that land. I feel safer on state forrest land. Oh well maybe better luck next weekend.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Very slow opening weekend. I hunted a military draw for the 4th year in a row, 2 bucks in the last 3 years and always see lots of deer. Didn't see one deer during shooting hours, it was unreal. Saw 8 deer driving out in the dark, 7 does and a little 6pt. Saw 2 coyotes today (sunday). I guess I can blame it on the warm weather and the corn still standing, but I sure hope it gets better!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    6pt buck, 10am Sat, nice dow 9am Sun, First shots the 77/44 has fired at deer, the Leverevolution 225's went just behind the shoulder on both and clean through, Firearm and ammo performed great,

Gonna have to Camo paint it this winter, the parts I didn't tape glowed in predawn light

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Switzerlad County- Splinter Ridge State Grounds:

Sat Morning--- (((I hunt on the ground a LOT))) I got to my chair about 5:15am, saw a button buck around 7:30am, saw a very nice doe around 8:15am (cant shoot a doe with a firearm on State Property), saw Another button buck around 9:00am, then around 11:25am, I saw a Nice little basket rack 6pt with a Very Big body. All where 25yds away or less.

Sat Evening--- Got to my chair about 2:30pm. Didn't a single thing besides a couple squirrels until I saw the Back End of a Deer about 150+ yards away. I always sit until its completely dark (to where you cant see). Right as I was getting up, I had to stop because I started to hear something. It was a a buck chasing a doe that was maybe 20yrds away or so.

Sun Morning/evening--- Went to a different spot. I didnt come out of the woods AT ALL. Got there about 5:30 and had to leave early, so I came out around 4:00pm. I saw about 8 does, 2 button bucks, a Very Nice Shooter that was about 100yrds away with his nose down that WOULDNT stop for anything, then a Really Nice 8pt that was about 85yds away. Wasn't a shooter to me, but would've been to a LOT of people.

It was a good weekend!!

If you shot ANYTHING... put your picks on here!! =)

66chevelle

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    Sun morning had a big body 9 pointer walk infront of me about 200 yards. Then had a hawk and a owl fly in about 30 minutes apart. Both came in and grabbed mice. Late Sunday night right before dark a turkey landed in the tree I was sitting against. I must say he scared the crap out of me until I figured out what it was.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Sun morning had a big body 9 pointer walk infront of me about 200 yards. Then had a hawk and a owl fly in about 30 minutes apart. Both came in and grabbed mice. Late Sunday night right before dark a turkey landed in the tree I was sitting against. I must say he scared the crap out of me until I figured out what it was.

Sound like a chopper landing huh? :D

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Yea it was really cool. I saw one take off last year and that was pretty cool also but never had one land that close. I bet I saw 50 turkeys last year and probably 20 this year. I am thinking about trying to hunt them next year.
    I would, I only saw 12 turkeys late last winter and got a nice gobbler the following spring. They're fun to hunt if you never have before. Last year was my first year and I'll be out again in a few months. :)

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Yea it was really cool. I saw one take off last year and that was pretty cool also but never had one land that close. I bet I saw 50 turkeys last year and probably 20 this year. I am thinking about trying to hunt them next year.

Once you turkey hunt, you will be addicted. It is awesome!

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Saw 4 Bucks and 6 does and never got a shot, craziest weekend i've ever had. My buddy did get this 200lb 11pt...
    1114091323.jpg

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Way to go.

I was hunting from the ground this morning and i did not see one deer but i did see a tun of squirrel and chipmunks.At 9:05 a pack of wild dogs started barking and running all threw the woods chasing anything that would move.I just set there real quit hoping thay would pass threw but one of the dogs caught my sent and thay all started barking and growling at me i yield and threw stuff at them but thay started getting real aggressive and trying to bite me so three of the five meet a Remington buck hammer 20Ga slug none of the dogs where waring collars and thay where real mangy.That pretty much ruined my hunt for the day.:xmad:
    Good shooting. Feral dogs are really dangerous and I think you did the right thing. Maybe you can get the next two some day after you get yourself a big buck.

Best regards,

Terry

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Nothing on Saturday until 4:20. Shot what SHOULD HAVE BEEN an 8-pointer but he had freshly lost his left antler. 50 yards & down.

Sunday I had 5 does walk/run right past me at about 10 feet (I hunted on the ground both days). They snuck up on the other side of a fir tree until they were 15 feet away then basically trotted right toward me & off to the field behind me. Never knew I was there.

Top Bottom