• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'd have sworn that about a dozen different State Troopers were following me around the State Fair yesterday afternoon / evening.

Might've had something to do with the "Got NFA" shirt that had a machine gun graphic on it...

None of them stepped on my throat. Heck, many of them wouldn't even look me in the eye as I nodded at 'em.

-J-

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I see various officers at the Speedway that I go to every morning and I'm always OC...nothing is ever said other than the have a safe day sir.

Heck I even got a speeding ticket from ISP and he didn't even pull me out of the truck or ask for my gun and curb stomp me.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    This thread will be here for those INGOers who have interactions with law enforcement that don't end up with our rights violated or disarmed or forced to conceal or any other problems commonly talked about on INGO.

I'll start:

Tonight I was in Subway getting dinner and there was an EPD officer in there doing the same. I was CCing and wearing my Team INGO shirt. Nothing was said.

Now post up with some of your non-issue encounters to help for those times that people loose faith in our officers or for those members of INGO who feel like we are constantly bashing them for the sins of others.
    WTH! The only reason I can think of for you to CC is you were trying to lure the infamous Subway robbers into thinking you were "normal" so you could make a citizens arrest!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I was shooting on private property in Greene County and the neighbor called the police. The officer came out and we talked. He was diplomatic and he left.

Another time in Bloomington I heard a loud knocking on the door at 9:30pm. I answered the door with a handgun pointed down behind the door out of sight. A uniformed officer asked me if I would step out on the porch and talk. I told him that I would, but I was going to lay this down first, nodding towards my concealed hand. He kind rolled his eyes as he saw me lay it down and asked me if I always answered the door with a gun. I told him that in fact, I usually do. It turns out that my neighbor had been jacked at his front door, bound, beaten and robbed about an hour before. The officer was professional and he did not act aggressively towards me.

I had an off duty greene county deputy approach me when I was shooting clays on a different private property. He was deer hunting and thought he was the only person who had permission to be on the property. I had permission and am glad he had already taken a deer and that I did not ruin his hunting. The officer was polite and once we figured out who each other was and why we did not know the other was going to be on the property, we had a nice talk.

:ugh:

"Yeah, I'm here to tell you your neighbor was severely beaten in a home invasion when he opened the door for strangers in the later evening time period, but you, sir, are just silly for thinking there's a reason for answering your door with a gun."

The LEO is an idiot.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute

"Yeah, I'm here to tell you your neighbor was severely beaten in a home invasion when he opened the door for strangers in the later evening time period, but you, sir, are just silly for thinking there's a reason for answering your door with a gun."

The LEO is an idiot.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    was playing fetch with the dog in the front yard this morning with a G19 on my hip OC. Cop stoped by while patroling the neigborhood to say hi and ask how things were going. Never mentioned the gun, but for some reason kept eyeing my german shepard like she was dangerous or something.

GREAT EXPERIENCE.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

The LEO is an idiot.

That is the way I initially took his question myself, but now I wonder if he was simply trying to determine if I had seen the attack myself (and therefore answering the door armed against a similar attack) or maybe participated in the attack myself (answering armed afraid of retribution form neighbor).

He really was not a jerk about it, just asking questions looking for witnesses/suspects to a violent crime.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    was playing fetch with the dog in the front yard this morning with a G19 on my hip OC. Cop stoped by while patroling the neigborhood to say hi and ask how things were going. Never mentioned the gun, but for some reason kept eyeing my german shepard like she was dangerous or something.

GREAT EXPERIENCE.

Your german shepard looks at people like she thinks they might taste good.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That is the way I initially took his question myself, but now I wonder if he was simply trying to determine if I had seen the attack myself (and therefore answering the door armed against a similar attack) or maybe participated in the attack myself (answering armed afraid of retribution form neighbor).

He really was not a jerk about it, just asking questions looking for witnesses/suspects to a violent crime.

I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt if he had not editorialized the appropriateness of your actions with an eye roll.

I'm glad he wasn't a jerk, but it was still a stupid question to ask.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I'd be lying If I told you it was anything other than 100 dollar bills.

FERRARI!

You on your way to do some business?

1b0014202daf5dd8da85aafebf2f950b.jpg

Top Bottom