• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Senate won't pass the House's legislation. They'll tweak it, and it might actually be better, but it will still be Obamacare 2.0, though the Republicans won't admit it, and call it a victory. That's my prediction.

Pretty much the way I see this going down.

Next up....when this fails will be single payer which was the plan from the 1st.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pretty much the way I see this going down.

Next up....when this fails will be single payer which was the plan from the 1st.

You have to give Obama credit for deviousness. Once you turn something like this loose, it is nearly impossible to survive an election after taking it back short of a full collapse. Just as planned, like you said, we are in the same spiral here that we are in with the budget in general, specifically, that most people are willing to give up someone else's goodies, but not their own.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You have to give Obama credit for deviousness. Once you turn something like this loose, it is nearly impossible to survive an election after taking it back short of a full collapse. Just as planned, like you said, we are in the same spiral here that we are in with the budget in general, specifically, that most people are willing to give up someone else's goodies, but not their own.

That's why they pulled out all the parliamentary tricks they could think of to get it rammed through.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Pentagon Seeks Tricare Fee Increases for Military Retirees | Military.com

Pentagon Seeks Tricare Fee Increases for Military Retirees

Yup.
    For those advocating "single payer" healthcare (which is B.S. It's a 330 million payer)
    The government can't afford to take care of a small percentage of the population.
    So... let's let them take care of the entire population.
    Makes sense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pentagon Seeks Tricare Fee Increases for Military Retirees | Military.com

Pentagon Seeks Tricare Fee Increases for Military Retirees

Yup.
    For those advocating "single payer" healthcare (which is B.S. It's a 330 million payer)
    The government can't afford to take care of a small percentage of the population.
    So... let's let them take care of the entire population.
    Makes sense.

More like ~110 million payer. Children don't pay. Seniors don't pay. People on welfare don't pay. Low income people don't pay.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fun anecdote for the week:

In early August, I had my knees x-rayed at the local hospital. From the time the radiotech greeted me to the time I was leaving less than five minutes elapsed.

I got the bill last week. The hospital billed $1,370. That's $685 per knee.

My insurance "allowed" $938.45 for the procedure, so now I owe only a mere $938.45 since I'm still under my deductible/out of pocket max for the year.

It's been so long since I had something like this done that I had no idea it would cost so much. Good times.

I can't wait for the bill after I get the MRI done. Maybe I'll have them scan just 5% of one knee at a time and pay as I go?

Good times.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Be weary of knee replacement surgery if that is where this is leading. I've looked into it. It's pretty hit or miss. Replacing knee joints is more complicated than, say, a hip.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh dont worry about it. Soon enough we will all be glowing when north korea nukes us.

Back on topic i wonder if you would have paid in cash upfront what the "discounted" rate would have been. Ive seen the rates for braces and other teeth work be way, way less when i pay in cash upfront vs getting the insurance involved. So much so that i just got rid of my dental plan and the monthly premium i just put into savings for just teeth stuff now.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

In early August, I had my knees x-rayed at the local hospital. From the time the radiotech greeted me to the time I was leaving less than five minutes elapsed.

My insurance "allowed" $938.45 for the procedure, so now I owe only a mere $938.45 since I'm still under my deductible/out of pocket max for the year.

It's been so long since I had something like this done that I had no idea it would cost so much. Good times.

I can't wait for the bill after I get the MRI done. Maybe I'll have them scan just 5% of one knee at a time and pay as I go?

Good times.

Well, the problem is that pachyderm knees are more expensive to x-ray than human knees! :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Be weary of knee replacement surgery if that is where this is leading. I've looked into it. It's pretty hit or miss. Replacing knee joints is more complicated than, say, a hip.

Replacements are a distant future reality for when all else is lost. When I do have to get them, they're not going to last very long!

Right now I'm anticipating injections of the gooey stuff that's supposed to relieve some of the inflammation and pain and augment the deteriorating stuff in there.

Oh dont worry about it. Soon enough we will all be glowing when north korea nukes us.

Back on topic i wonder if you would have paid in cash upfront what the "discounted" rate would have been. Ive seen the rates for braces and other teeth work be way, way less when i pay in cash upfront vs getting the insurance involved. So much so that i just got rid of my dental plan and the monthly premium i just put into savings for just teeth stuff now.

That's something I had not considered. I will definitely keep that in mind with the next steps. If I'm close to my out of pocket maximum for the year (which I may be), it may not be an issue for this year, but it will certainly be worth exploring in the future.

Well, the problem is that pachyderm knees are more expensive to x-ray than human knees! :):

You make a good point. Curious, I have only two, where I should have four!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Replacements are a distant future reality for when all else is lost. When I do have to get them, they're not going to last very long!

Right now I'm anticipating injections of the gooey stuff that's supposed to relieve some of the inflammation and pain and augment the deteriorating stuff in there.

I'm thinking at this point I'll probably just put up with it. I know enough people whose knee replacements made their quality of life worse than before the surgery. Knees are just hard to get right I guess. Maybe in a few years it'll get better, but it's not all that great now.

I've found that 75rpm on a stationary recumbant bike 15 minutes/day tends to make things work better. It seems maintaining 65-75 rpm is more important than the resistence. I can walk up and down stairs almost pain free most of the time. Too much resistence makes things worse though.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

Good times.
    That was with the radiologist's bill too, right? 3k is my mri guess.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm thinking at this point I'll probably just put up with it. I know enough people whose knee replacements made their quality of life worse than before the surgery. Knees are just hard to get right I guess. Maybe in a few years it'll get better, but it's not all that great now.

I've found that 75rpm on a stationary recumbant bike 15 minutes/day tends to make things work better. It seems maintaining 65-75 rpm is more important than the resistence. I can walk up and down stairs almost pain free most of the time. Too much resistence makes things worse though.

Movement helps relieve pain from arthritis. It's tough for me to walk much now, and trying to walk more makes it worse. I hadn't considered keeping them moving with less load using a bike! Thanks!

That was with the radiologist's bill too, right? 3k is my mri guess.

I'm hoping the bill included the radiologist. Unfortunately, those services have not yet appeared on the detailed billing, just the diagnostic itself. I'm anticipating a separate bill form the radiologist's billing service.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Sounds like back surgery.
    On TV advertisements it's seems so great.
    But when you talk to people, it's 50/50.

Top Bottom