• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I'm getting a little tired of the Republicans acting as if a 50-Senate-vote reconciliation measure can repeal a 60-Senate-vote Act. It can't, and it doesn't. Time to be honest with the people (for once) and admit that there's very, very little you can do without 60 votes in the Senate. Then move on to what's possible.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Original story vs the correction

C-_PevCUIAE-yDy.jpg:small
    C-_PeuzUMAACTW2.jpg:small

I'm glad the retweets caused them to consider the change. They always had better healthcare than the military and other Americans and someone just happened to read the fine print this time. It's strange they added this in the first place and then they try to pretend they are doing someone a favor by considering its removal. The bill moved forward with a desperate provision to address it at a later time. This one isn't on just the Republicans, because I've not seen or heard any politician speaking out against this hypocrisy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm getting a little tired of the Republicans acting as if a 50-Senate-vote reconciliation measure can repeal a 60-Senate-vote Act. It can't, and it doesn't. Time to be honest with the people (for once) and admit that there's very, very little you can do without 60 votes in the Senate. Then move on to what's possible.

Can't they change the rule?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Bernie Sanders said:
    Donald Trump and Republicans just celebrated voting to let thousands of Americans die so that billionaires get tax breaks. Think about that.

Bernie jumps on the "people gonna die" train.

Again... assuming this is an ACA repeal (it isn't)... things would return to how they were prior to ACA (they won't)... how many thousands of people were dying then?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bernie jumps on the "people gonna die" train.

Again... assuming this is an ACA repeal (it isn't)... things would return to how they were prior to ACA (they won't)... how many thousands of people were dying then?

This is the argument I am making with the tender youngsters on Face Book. Some are my nieces/nephews. They are all over Trump.
    When asked how we ever survived before all of this Gov. intervention they have no answers. Life is a pre-existing condition. Deal with it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The only thing I am going to say, is WIBC, keeps playing the "d"s, calling this "trump" care .....

O'care, the rates have GONE UP, every year ..... Tell ME what is affordable about that ?????

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I want the ACA destroyed - COMPLETELY!!! I am not going to get what I want.

The republicans are being just as stupid as the democrats. They are trying to keep the stuff that people like, such as preexisting conditions, but get rid of the stuff people don't like, such as the tax penalties. The problem is that as lousy as the ACA was it was designed to function a certain way. This is going to explode our costs in the long run.

Each side is trying to push their ideologies without any consideration of long term costs being considered. I get the ideology part, I really do, but my ideology must stop (for the most part) where those annoying things called facts intrude.

What we had before the ACA had huge problems.

The ACA did not address those problems, but it made other ones while solving some problems.

This republican nonsense will not get rid of the ACA problems nor will it address the problems that existed before the ACA. This thing will make a few things better and probably more worse.

All that said, I fully support the idea of damaging the ACA with this new republican bull... uh, bill. That is right, as much as I don't like what the republicans are doing, I want to see the ACA damaged beyond repair. Perhaps then in another ten (10) years when things have gone to deep :poop: level then maybe we can address our healthcare issues with a more intelligent and rational review. Maybe we'll realize that both sides are idiots and we need to get away from the extremes on both sides.

Regards,

Doug

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Call Pelosi and Reed whatever you want but they knew if they ever got this thing enacted, it'd never go away. Entitlements never do. At least they were willing to withstand to storm against this turd to get it passed...something "our side" is unwilling to do.

Bingo!! And that is why in the end the Ds win.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I want the ACA destroyed - COMPLETELY!!! I am not going to get what I want.

The republicans are being just as stupid as the democrats. They are trying to keep the stuff that people like, such as preexisting conditions, but get rid of the stuff people don't like, such as the tax penalties. The problem is that as lousy as the ACA was it was designed to function a certain way. This is going to explode our costs in the long run.

Each side is trying to push their ideologies without any consideration of long term costs being considered. I get the ideology part, I really do, but my ideology must stop (for the most part) where those annoying things called facts intrude.

What we had before the ACA had huge problems.

The ACA did not address those problems, but it made other ones while solving some problems.

This republican nonsense will not get rid of the ACA problems nor will it address the problems that existed before the ACA. This thing will make a few things better and probably more worse.

All that said, I fully support the idea of damaging the ACA with this new republican bull... uh, bill. That is right, as much as I don't like what the republicans are doing, I want to see the ACA damaged beyond repair. Perhaps then in another ten (10) years when things have gone to deep :poop: level then maybe we can address our healthcare issues with a more intelligent and rational review. Maybe we'll realize that both sides are idiots and we need to get away from the extremes on both sides.

Regards,

Doug

Wrong... The only thing we are headed for is a single payer .gov run system. That is what obamacare was designed to do. It was the stepping stone to be killed for a .gov single payer system.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wrong... The only thing we are headed for is a single payer .gov run system. That is what obamacare was designed to do. It was the stepping stone to be killed for a .gov single payer system.

Harry Reid essentially admitted that. Obama and Reid don't like that insurance companies fund healthcare for profit. Obamacare was meant to be a step towards having no health insurance companies. Just single payer.

Top Bottom