Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    How does no one see this as a failure of engineers? Their cars are less quality then their opposition. I will never go back to domestic cars. Especially since honda, toyota, and subaru employ hoosiers and the big three make their parts in Mexico and assemble in Cananda (where health care is free).

Quality is on par with, or above, the Japanese now. The problem is that perceptions are about 10 years behind reality in the auto world. Their problems do come from low quality and stagnant mindset, though.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Especially since honda, toyota, and subaru employ hoosiers and the big three make their parts in Mexico and assemble in Cananda (where health care is free).

Free. Maybe. But have you ever tried to get healthcare in Canada or Mexico? Is that where you prefer to go to get treated?

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    How does no one see this as a failure of engineers? Their cars are less quality then their opposition. I will never go back to domestic cars. Especially since honda, toyota, and subaru employ hoosiers and the big three make their parts in Mexico and assemble in Cananda (where health care is free).

Those companies also arent paying retirement to people like the big 3. Actually, I work on car all the time, and i can tell you for a fact that if you take care of any car, it will last a long long time. My mom has a 2000 Toyota and i have a 2000 chevy. My chevy is much nicer, better built, and even gets better gas milage. Its not the engineers....

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Or just keep it at 10% which is low and would bring in more money cause more businesses will stay. Nobody is going to move a business for a 1% savings. Wouldnt be good business. Yes government incentives is wrong. let capitalism work.

Probably depends on how big 1% is. I would move a business for 1% of $10 billion. Not for 1% of $1 million.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Using obviously incorrect and misleading assumptions is not "assuming for the sake of argument." It's incorrect and misleading, and if you do it in any court you're asking for sanctions. Even if you do it in moot court, you're asking to be ridiculed MUCH more severely by the panel than I have here. I'm not even as scathing as the average appellate opinion.

As for the underlined bit, I am implying that they pay the vast majority of taxes and nothing about the rate. There you go making misleading and incorrect assumptions again.

It's called a hypothetical. People use them when they are easier than actual situations.

Regarding your top 1% statement; what was the point in making it if wasn't intended to carry the implication that the top 1% pay too much or the bottom pays too little? Why volunteer that information? You know that there are reasonable inferences to be drawn from every statement or fact.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Free. Maybe. But have you ever tried to get healthcare in Canada or Mexico? Is that where you prefer to go to get treated?

I have never tried. I am IN the healthcare system in the US and it is broken. That is for another thread however. The point is that companies pay about a tenth in Canada of what the same company would pay in the US due to the corrupt insurance agencies.

I look at how many 95's are on the road. Remember the Lumina? Blew a head gasket every 100k. That 2.2 was crap. Now how many accord's/camry's are still on the road. Those companies are reaping what they have sewn for the last 14 years.

This has gotten waaaaaay off topic. If we can't keep business here we need to give them "incentive" to do so. Never underestimate the power of greed.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I have never tried. I am IN the healthcare system in the US and it is broken. That is for another thread however. The point is that companies pay about a tenth in Canada of what the same company would pay in the US due to the corrupt insurance agencies.

I look at how many 95's are on the road. Remember the Lumina? Blew a head gasket every 100k. That 2.2 was crap. Now how many accord's/camry's are still on the road. Those companies are reaping what they have sewn for the last 14 years.

This has gotten waaaaaay off topic. If we can't keep business here we need to give them "incentive" to do so. Never underestimate the power of greed.

Quality really started improving around the turn of the century. New Chevy cars are very well built now. Hopefully perception catches reality before they fold.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Gear up fellas that's all I can say. There's that part of the constitution. Ya know that one part...UMM hows it go. Any threat foreign or domestic???...JC:patriot:

Top Bottom