• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I went to the reptile show yesterday at the NG Armory in Valpo and maybe it was because I could only manage to get there the second day of it when maybe the good stuff got picked through but it was mostly pretty lame. Easily 75% ball pythons. There was one guy who had some nicer big snakes and lizards that I'm not in the market for at the moment. The tarantulas/spiders were mostly the starter species like pinktoes, redknees and bold jumpers. I was hoping for a staple old world species like an OBT or something. They did have a big P. metallica but it looked like a mature male and I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for that anyway(that's one of the "lock me up in the nut house" species) Only ended up buying an adult M/F pair of Dubias and 25 larger nymphs close to maturity cause I'm gonna breed them in a sterilite tub so I don't have to keep buying them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Before I post it in the wild, does anyone want a size 3X INGO t-shirt for $5? It has been washed but I don't think I ever wore it. Too big for me now. Khaki color, small INGO logo on the front, large INGO logo on the back, flag on the left sleeve. I think it's an older INGO logo. Pickup in Crown Point.

View attachment 310479

View attachment 310480

View attachment 310481

This shirt has become available again if anyone is interested before I post in classifieds.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Move to Europe.
    4 weeks min time off per year.
    (That is holiday leave, not sick leave).

Plus in Spain they have 2 hour lunch breaks as well.
    I get 5 weeks, plus this year the boss sent us to SEMA in Vegas, paid week for that too, guess I can't complain. I'm good for my 60 minute lunch, plus I don't clock in/out for lunch so it's 60 minute(ish)

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Another successful Thanksgiving weekend at the Wilderness Resort in the Dells. Its been a 7 (?) year tradition with another family and we always have a great time. I am exhausted today, but work seems to be pretty quiet so far, so maybe a little nap this afternoon will be in the cards, the joys of WFH.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Another successful Thanksgiving weekend at the Wilderness Resort in the Dells. Its been a 7 (?) year tradition with another family and we always have a great time. I am exhausted today, but work seems to be pretty quiet so far, so maybe a little nap this afternoon will be in the cards, the joys of WFH.
    Is it busy?? We go during the winter and it is dead!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Is it busy?? We go during the winter and it is dead!
    Not really, lines don't get more than about 1/3 of the way down the steps at most. It gets a bit busier Friday and Saturday but we always check in Wed evening and have a couple days of no lines. You do have to get to the parks right when they open to make sure you get a table, especially the Klondike Cavern and Wave pool, Wild West has more tables so you can be a bit more lax there.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Not really, lines don't get more than about 1/3 of the way down the steps at most. It gets a bit busier Friday and Saturday but we always check in Wed evening and have a couple days of no lines. You do have to get to the parks right when they open to make sure you get a table, especially the Klondike Cavern and Wave pool, Wild West has more tables so you can be a bit more lax there.
    It’s a pretty good trip when it is cold out reasonable prices for what you get. Any recommendations for places to eat? Or things to do besides the resort?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It’s a pretty good trip when it is cold out reasonable prices for what you get. Any recommendations for places to eat? Or things to do besides the resort?
    Screenshot_20231127_105306_Maps.jpg

If u have little demons they will enjoy this food place. Trains, huge lego town displays, trains with food to your table, arcade place as well.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    View attachment 314842

If u have little demons they will enjoy this food place. Trains, huge lego town displays, trains with food to your table, arcade place as well.
    That is one of our MUST stops. Not cheap any of it the food or arcade… lol

The other place is the food truck restaurant/ bar.

And as a side note to your comment…. Do adults without children go to the dells? I feel like if they do they may identify as a cat part-time also…. Maybe I am way off base and missing out but if I didn’t have kids the dells would be very VERY low on the list lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom