• Status
    Not open for further replies.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Haven't been to Cabelas in at least 4 years now. The constant traffic nightmare on 80/94 has kept me from going.....well that, and the smell of jedi lingers in the air out that way :lmfao:
    I go out to Hammond frequently to visit my brother. A few weeks back they finished the road work on 80/94. I must say traffic is moving pretty good. This past Tuesday my wife and I went to visit him. She got a gift certificate for Northwood Falls restaurant in St. John. So we drove there for lunch after our visit. Holy s**t, the traffic congestion going down 41 is nuts. Have not been down that way in a long time. It will be a long time before I go over there again.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I go out to Hammond frequently to visit my brother. . . Northwood Falls restaurant in St. John. So we drove there for lunch after our visit. Holy s**t, the traffic congestion going down 41 is nuts. Have not been down that way in a long time. It will be a long time before I go over there again.
    That is about as far north as I go, it is crazy nuts in that area, especially the southbound afternoon traffic.

If I have to go up there I make sure I'm returning back to the true, clean and pure southlands before 2pm because the traffic really starts backing up after that on the weekdays. St Snob is not really south of 30 anymore, seems all the uppity thinking thugs are moving there. Weekends, from St John north is a 'no go' zone because of traffic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    we do not NOT claim st. Snob.

jedi would 1st adapt a raccon, give the raccon a seat at the dinner table and cut bread with a south of us30 redneck BEFORE claiming st snob.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I go out to Hammond frequently to visit my brother. A few weeks back they finished the road work on 80/94. I must say traffic is moving pretty good. This past Tuesday my wife and I went to visit him. She got a gift certificate for Northwood Falls restaurant in St. John. So we drove there for lunch after our visit. Holy s**t, the traffic congestion going down 41 is nuts. Have not been down that way in a long time. It will be a long time before I go over there again.

One reason I'm selling out and retiring. Too darn many people. Tired of fighting traffic Everywhere I Go in Lake county.

Ps. How was lunch at Northwoods.?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Fridge ideas.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    One reason I'm selling out and retiring. Too darn many people. Tired of fighting traffic Everywhere I Go in Lake county.

Ps. How was lunch at Northwoods.?

I guess I'm spoiled. Traffic in Porter county can get a bit challenging. But nothing like that. I can't imagine having to run out for something last minute. It probably would take an hour or so.

The quality and amount of food was very good. I think our tab was $44. I had a philly beef with their homemade chips. The wife had pulled pork with fries. And I had a bloody mary. The place is massive inside. Probably the biggest restaurant I have ever been in. When weather permits they have outdoor seating for dining and concert venues. If I was in the neighborhood I would go again. I would recommend it!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Fridge ideas.
    We had a GE that (I think) had a design flaw where the line to the icemaker was run through the freezer and it would freeze before it filled the tray.

We now have an LG that I'm happy with. I did not opt for an ice maker since I just put a couple of cubes in a glass of water a few times a day.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I guess I'm spoiled. Traffic in Porter county can get a bit challenging. But nothing like that. I can't imagine having to run out for something last minute. It probably would take an hour or so.

The quality and amount of food was very good. I think our tab was $44. I had a philly beef with their homemade chips. The wife had pulled pork with fries. And I had a bloody mary. The place is massive inside. Probably the biggest restaurant I have ever been in. When weather permits they have outdoor seating for dining and concert venues. If I was in the neighborhood I would go again. I would recommend it!
    My wife and I enjoy Northwoods Falls. The food and service are excellent. We are both over 75 years old, so we do avoid entertainment nights. The band can be too loud for us, so conversations can be difficult. With that caveat in mind, I would recommend it to anyone.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We love northwoods, last couple times I got the chicken fried meatloaf and love it, meatloaf slices breaded and fried, covered in gravy. Mmmmmmmmm

No wonder I’m fat
    Hmmm....

Last time I was in Northwoods it was the old owner.

Service and food were marginal.

Sounds like we have to give it another try. And chicken fried meatloaf sounds like something inspiring too. That is something I'd need to try.

No wonder you are fat :fogey:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom