• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Started the installation of my new 'whole house' humidifier.

According to the instructional video, the whole process should take about 60 minutes. Well I'm about 75 minutes into the project and its almost completed. Stopped to get a soda, got distracted by a text from our daughter, decided to have a snack.

On the "Jedi Scale" of skill level, this project is probably a "2.5 out of 5 Jedi" project.

You need to cut into some sheet metal and that requires some appropriate snips. Having both right + left cut snips would make the job a bit easier, but having only one of the two will still get the job done. You also need a step up style sheet metal bit. If you don't have one, the bit alone will run you about $35+ to purchase. Oh and it doesn't cut into the sheet metal as fast or as easily as they show in the instructional video, but it does what needs to be done.

I'm off to finish the job, simple 12-Volt wiring connections are all that is left to do, if you want to tackle the project, don't worry most anyone can do it. No need to be a Jedi Master. So, if you are named JEDI and want to install one of these, get together with several friends who are smarter than you and have the appropriate tools and the job should get done in about a week and a half. If you are NOT named JEDI then its about an hour and a half project for a normal person.

Geez. I am going to have a wall of snow running the length of my driveway.

If you had a snow blower on your tractor it would blow the snow 1/2 way across the yard and you wouldn't have the mounds of snow that will not melt until mid-June...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good morning.

So Snapdragon, still interested on shooting Wednesday?
    I haven't heard from gunbunnies. Then again, I just woke up and my memory is still powering up.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Good morning.

So Snapdragon, still interested on shooting Wednesday?
    I haven't heard from gunbunnies. Then again, I just woke up and my memory is still powering up.

Given the snowstorm that is coming in Tuesday evening and ending Wednesday, which could dump over a foot of snow on the ground, you may want to change your plans and go shooting on Tuesday. Just a thought.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @all
    if you want to install a whole house humidifier jedi would just call some mexicans who will do it for parts + cash or parts + pc repairs. :)

besides jedi already have one in his house. :p

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I know. Although I just checked weather, and they're only predicting 1-3" for Tuesday. I don't know about Wednesday... it doesn't say how much. I'm ok with Weds as long as there's not a stupid amount of snow.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Racking is a term brewers use meaning transferring wort from one vessel to another.

Maybe he means he bottled all the snow from his roof?

I doubt it.....this is Jedi we're talking about....good explanation though Dan

Speaking of Dan....anyone heard from Dansgotinfractions lately?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well, snapdragon and actaeon, I've got a video system install on tuesday and those never go very easy... There's always a solid wall somewhere that wasn't in the original plan... I'm good for wed. after noon etc... if there is some salt on the road and a couple plows actually clean things up from tuesdays snow...

Got some bullets loaded for the range time already...

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    u 2 know what Jedi means...

Say what you mean and it would be much more clear for all involved.

What's the point of raking the snow off? Fear of cave in? Water damage/leak? Maybe I don't like my house as much as you guys, if either of those things happened it would suck, yes, but then homeowners insurance upgrades.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom