Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm meh on tacos, but I'll take a good street taco. Not the crap they serve at taco bell. I like tamales better. Give me some tamales, beans, and rice, and I'm a happy bunny. The new Mexican place in the Crown Point Jewel plaza next to the BMV has homemade flan. So good.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Having just moved from Phoenix, we’re big taco fans (homemade, to fit the wife’s dietary restrictions) and were a bit surprised to see how many Mexican restaurants there are up here. A good buddy of mine moved from Phoenix to Grand Forks a few years ago. When he found out we were moving here, his “words of wisdom” were that if I wasn’t eating as much Mexican as I could, I was an idiot because “good Mexican doesn’t exist up here.” :): I haven’t tested that yet myself, but I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    All these gun companies better start taking note of what Canik is doing. I can't even build a Gucci Glock or M&P variant to compete against the Canik Rival for less than 1100. And the Canik Rival is giving me high end CZ accuracy with all the trimmings for $650... Might be putting up my Shadows for sale soon.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I finally set up my online stuff so I can pay my copays, cause it's different for me being retired.
    Figured if I didn't pay, they'd stop okaying me for stuff.

So, got the insurance done, tried to do the pharmacy stuff.
    Had to call on the phone.
    It gets done through the account I already set up for the insurance. Okay, so far so good.

My migraine botox shots had a 100 copay.
    They said, all you have to do is sign up with this program, and it will go down to zero.
    Okay, sounds weird.
    After getting bounced around saying I did not enter all the info, when all the info was entered, I get tired of it. Think about calling the number, but then I think about the part I read where they will send me a bunch of info on various stuff.
    After a bit of thinking, NAH! I don't need that advertisement crap.
    I'll just pay the 100 every 3 months.

But I am annoyed at filling out forms for the last 2 hours.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Why in thee hell, after talking here about my liver scan and discussing it with my doctor on MyChart, am I getting this ad on Facebook? (And no, I do not have hepatitis of any sort.)

View attachment 199162
    Because somewhere you clicked agree when downloading and using any sort of social media.

They pick up when you talk to and cater advertising to what you say

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I finally set up my online stuff so I can pay my copays, cause it's different for me being retired.
    Figured if I didn't pay, they'd stop okaying me for stuff.

So, got the insurance done, tried to do the pharmacy stuff.
    Had to call on the phone.
    It gets done through the account I already set up for the insurance. Okay, so far so good.

My migraine botox shots had a 100 copay.
    They said, all you have to do is sign up with this program, and it will go down to zero.
    Okay, sounds weird.
    After getting bounced around saying I did not enter all the info, when all the info was entered, I get tired of it. Think about calling the number, but then I think about the part I read where they will send me a bunch of info on various stuff.
    After a bit of thinking, NAH! I don't need that advertisement crap.
    I'll just pay the 100 every 3 months.

But I am annoyed at filling out forms for the last 2 hours.
    Weird. I went through the same thing for all three of the migraine shots I tried, and never had an issue.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Why in thee hell, after talking here about my liver scan and discussing it with my doctor on MyChart, am I getting this ad on Facebook? (And no, I do not have hepatitis of any sort.)

View attachment 199162

A perfect example of how they track and know everything you do online once the tracking cookies start reporting back to the mothership.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe I need to try one of the new treatments and dump the botox.
    Besides, the 30 shots are NOT very fun.
    Probably worth a try. There is also a new pill that is supposed to prevent them. My neurologist started to try to push it at me, but the Ajovy is working really well for me, while the other two did nothing but raise my blood pressure to dangerous levels. I am hesitant to try another drug.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Probably worth a try. There is also a new pill that is supposed to prevent them. My neurologist started to try to push it at me, but the Ajovy is working really well for me, while the other two did nothing but raise my blood pressure to dangerous levels. I am hesitant to try another drug.
    That's why I've been sticking with this.
    New drugs, new problems.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh, and I found out why they had to postpone my shots a week or two.

Because... there is a SALINE SHORTAGE.

Yup. saline.
    They were shipping it off to hospitals, cause saving lives is kinda more important.
    And the smaller doc offices that needed it had to wait.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom