Not open for further replies.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My cousin found a picture of my great grandfather's blacksmith shop in Allegan, MI.
    View attachment 199221

This was probably taken between 1900 and 1915. My great grandfather died from being kicked by a horse when my grandfather was young and he was born in 1908. Ironic, I know.
    Heck, my great grandparents were still in Poland. My grandparents immigrated around 1900 to Chicago.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    More importantly, they are not forecasting any good chance of rain. Maybe it will dry up for more than a day or two
    Will finally get to use our new patio furniture that's been just sitting covered since we bought it 3 weeks ago

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Whew. Nipsco is picking up our fridge on Friday and Lowe's is delivering our new one on Saturday. Both will involve either runnig a truck or a dolly across our back yard up to the deck. Hopefully the ground will dry out by then.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Noticed had a section of my privacy fence leaning. Have 2 posts rotting and weak. Only 10 years since I put that side of then fence up, but is the side near the garden so it sees a lot of water.

Trip to Lowes and some swinging of a hammer, have those posts back to sturdy again.

These work pretty well but the bump out for driving them into the concrete is small and makes it hard to get a good solid strike

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    More importantly, they are not forecasting any good chance of rain. Maybe it will dry up for more than a day or two

When we moved here, we thought “Finally somewhere that has more than 5-6 days of rain a year!” But several times since we got here, my wife has wondered when the rain would stop, hahaha.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I don 't know when the "Hough" name got over here, but I have ancestors in America going back to the 1600s. One was hanged as a witch in Salem in 1692.
    Worked in S Carolina for a few years. Some of the people I worked with could trace their ancestors to the Mayflower. Thought that was awesome. No one mentioned any witch hangings!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom