• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I met Leyva at one of the Crown Point gun shows. He seemed like a nice guy. What do you not like about him?
    His name has become a place holder on the ballot, but he does not run a real campaign, he is not a viable candidate.
    Pretty much this. He puts his name on the ballot every election. I want someone that hasn't already lost multiple elections for the office in the past.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pretty much this. He puts his name on the ballot every election. I want someone that hasn't already lost multiple elections for the office in the past.
    I want more.

I want someone who will actually mount a campaign. I want someone committed to the campaign who can actually garner real support and put together a credible fundraising arm to campaign publicly, not to just show up and glad hand at a gun show. I want someone who will challenge the other candidate in words and deeds. I want a viable candidate with real ideas and principles who will vote (at least mostly) in ways in which I agree.

We had only 2 GOP candidates in this cycle that met my criteria. Both were veterans. Both were women. Both were reasonably conservative. Both actually raised money and put on a campaign. Both were the top 2 vote getters in the election.

Green, was, however, the top vote getter by a large margin.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I want more.

I want someone who will actually mount a campaign. I want someone committed to the campaign who can actually garner real support and put together a credible fundraising arm to campaign publicly, not to just show up and glad hand at a gun show. I want someone who will challenge the other candidate in words and deeds. I want a viable candidate with real ideas and principles who will vote (at least mostly) in ways in which I agree.

We had only 2 GOP candidates in this cycle that met my criteria. Both were veterans. Both were women. Both were reasonably conservative. Both actually raised money and put on a campaign. Both were the top 2 vote getters in the election.

More is great. Maybe we jumped ahead to where we can actually have a race of it this time. Time will tell.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And they have called the election results for Indiana District 1

Leyva raised no money for his campaign. Despite name recognition, he came in 3rd, best by 2 female veterans. Good riddance so Mark Leyva, he may be a good guy but he is not a good candidate.

Jennifer Ruth Green is the GOP candidate who will take on Frank Mrvan (the lesser) in the 2022 fall election for the US House of Representatives chair for NW Indiana.

View attachment 198677
    Leva is the epitome of a grasping politician, nothing more.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I want more.

Green fits the mold of a new generation of R candidates who have been coming forward nationally to run for Congress. I am pleased to see this happening here in the region. Some are fighting an uphill battle in traditionally blue districts but they generating some needed enthusiasm in the party.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Sorry to change the topic, has there ever been a study to determine how much time is wasted, and how much fuel is dumped on the ground due to the "safe" spout on gas cans? There could be, and possibly is, a separate thread on the countless counter productive spouts they have now... Ok back to politics

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Sorry to change the topic, has there ever been a study to determine how much time is wasted, and how much fuel is dumped on the ground due to the "safe" spout on gas cans? There could be, and possibly is, a separate thread on the countless counter productive spouts they have now... Ok back to politics
    never fight it again Amazon product ASIN B09BP13LXQ

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You and me both. They are saying she has a shot and I hope so...but November is a long ways away.
    It is a long shot.

But this year is playing right into the hands of the Democrats.

Democrats wanted high gas prices so people would buy electric cars. They wanted high energy prices to support windmills and solar expenditures. They pushed for $15/hour, they printed $TRILLION$ of dollars, the gave away stimulus $$$ and all that gave us INFLATION. So they inflated the heck out of everything and that gave us HIGHER INTEREST rates. And soon it will give us an official recession.

So the Democrats are giving us everything they campaigned on.

Let the voters decide if these are good things.

So while still a long shot, Green has a better shot this year at flipping the seat than anyone has since the 1920s. She is one of the new faces of the GOP and I welcome the change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom