Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well we agreed to property division and the house was listed yesterday with 4 showings today. She only wants half the value of my firearms which is nice but they have to remain in storage till 2024 unless she has a change of heart and drops the stupid PO. My nightmare should end Aug 26th at the latest. Now to find an apartment or home to rent for the next year.
    Does it have to be storage or can family hold them?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    At the Lake County government center about a gun bill.
    50 minutes in, and they are still "housekeeping" (bills, pay, etc.)

Spent my Monday at the Court building, hoping I wouldn't get picked to be on a jury. As interesting as the process is, the trial I would have been serving on was going to last into next week, so I wasn't looking forward to that. I did luck out, and never got put in "the box".

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Spent my Monday at the Court building, hoping I wouldn't get picked to be on a jury. As interesting as the process is, the trial I would have been serving on was going to last into next week, so I wasn't looking forward to that. I did luck out, and never got put in "the box".

It was your lucky day. I have been put in the box twice, released the first time and stayed for a three-day trial the second time. I find the jury selection process to be interesting, hearing everyone's views and life experiences that may or may not influence their opinions on the case.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    It was your lucky day. I have been put in the box twice, released the first time and stayed for a three-day trial the second time. I find the jury selection process to be interesting, hearing everyone's views and life experiences that may or may not influence their opinions on the case.

I served on one trial jury a few decades ago. One is enough, if I have my way.

You're right though, the people are interesting. Yesterday, had a guy pull the race card in order to avoid service. He said he couldn't be fair to the prosecution because he had been traumatized by how law enforcement had interacted with his "disadvantaged hood". Judge let him go with a quickness.

Others worked hard to get let go, but backed off when the judge put the screws to them. Most of them got gone too, eventually. In the big scheme of things, I guess it's best to get rid of reluctant jurors. They won't operate in good faith anyhow.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I served on one trial jury a few decades ago. One is enough, if I have my way.

You're right though, the people are interesting. Yesterday, had a guy pull the race card in order to avoid service. He said he couldn't be fair to the prosecution because he had been traumatized by how law enforcement had interacted with his "disadvantaged hood". Judge let him go with a quickness.

Others worked hard to get let go, but backed off when the judge put the screws to them. Most of them got gone too, eventually. In the big scheme of things, I guess it's best to get rid of reluctant jurors. They won't operate in good faith anyhow.

Both of my experiences in the box were on murder trials. I was shocked at the number of potential jurors who detailed how their lives had been impacted by the murder of a relative or friend. Also, a number of people reported being wronged by the system as you described.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom