• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Had to get a new plate for my truck today. I stepped out of my truck at 8:30 when they opened the doors. I was finished and back in my truck at 8:38. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Indiana has the best BMV that I have ever encountered or even heard of.
    They have definitely improved. I remember waiting for hours at the BMV on Pendelton Pike in Indy in the early '90s.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    They have definitely improved. I remember waiting for hours at the BMV on Pendelton Pike in Indy in the early '90s.
    Last 4 or 5 time to the DMV, DeMotte, Merrillville, Hobart, all were in and out in no time, and only one trip needed, not the customary 3 trips that used to be needed to get anything done with the 45 minute wait for them to tell you that you forgot some document.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    We moved to Indiana in 2010 - and transferring a "Passport card" Michigan DL was a hassle- had to find Wife's Divorce paperwork from her 1st marriage

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Happy Days. Both the families with children are now gone from my apartment building. We are currently a child free zone, just as the lord intended apartments to be. Also saw the lady moving in carrying what I let my mind believe is a stripper pole. Is it prolly a pole for something else, sure. Is that what my mind believes, no...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Happy Days. Both the families with children are now gone from my apartment building. We are currently a child free zone, just as the lord intended apartments to be. Also saw the lady moving in carrying what I let my mind believe is a stripper pole. Is it prolly a pole for something else, sure. Is that what my mind believes, no...
    How else is she going to keep in practice for the Hiphugger?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Had to get a new plate for my truck today. I stepped out of my truck at 8:30 when they opened the doors. I was finished and back in my truck at 8:38. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Indiana has the best BMV that I have ever encountered or even heard of.
    Incorrect.
    Cali had us best by at least 20 years.
    Back in 2000 in Cali you could go online to do most plate services and/or schedule a time to walk into the BMV and be out the door in no time, no line waiting, no issues.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They always did in the war movies.

Well, when you're getting depth charged... you take your chances.

Also, you had warnings, such as when they ALWAYS show the ricochet of hull rivet.
    With welded hulls, not so much.

And the depth they went to, compared to today...
    They say when the Thresher (or was it the Scorpion?) went down, it took less than a second to completely fill the sub. It was tenths of a second.

Okay.. did I ruin your joke enough?
    :)

If not, I could say that, the submarine service is called the "Silent Service", not because we talk less ( :) ) but because in WWII the Japanese would set their depth charges at various depths they knew we could operate. When we went deeper, we evaded them. TILL a Senator told his constituents not to worry, because the Japs weren't setting their depth charges deep enough, and then the Japs started setting them deeper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom