• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Had to get a new plate for my truck today. I stepped out of my truck at 8:30 when they opened the doors. I was finished and back in my truck at 8:38. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Indiana has the best BMV that I have ever encountered or even heard of.
    Making so much of the interactions online or by mail helped immensely.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    G-D trash panda walking down the street in broad daylight yesterday eve around 6pm. WTF. Was in the garage throwing darts with wife and the dog went into stalk mode then took off. Glad i caught him out of the corner of my eye. Treed the coon in the front yard tree so tested the accuracy of the daisy 45 replica co2 bb tosser... not to shabby for a lil bb pistol. Made him the neighbors problem. Definitely not right though in behavior or movement. Just glad he went up the tree before the dog got on him.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Indiana has the best BMV that I have ever encountered or even heard of.
    It was not always this way. I can remember very long waits. I also remember them having a "triage" desk where you stopped to make sure you had everything you needed to process your transaction.

I don't know how may times I was told I had everything to proceed and then got to the counter and was told I needed something else and had to make another trip.

Being able to do many transactions online has certainly helped and a lot of reform happened under Mitch Daniels.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    It was not always this way. I can remember very long waits. I also remember them having a "triage" desk where you stopped to make sure you had everything you needed to process your transaction.

I don't know how may times I was told I had everything to proceed and then got to the counter and was told I needed something else and had to make another trip.

Being able to do many transactions online has certainly helped and a lot of reform happened under Mitch Daniels.

It is still frustrating at times..

Anytime I have a error on a title or bill of sale I tell them the seller conveniently is in the parking lot. Walk out and come right back in.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Had to get a new plate for my truck today. I stepped out of my truck at 8:30 when they opened the doors. I was finished and back in my truck at 8:38. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Indiana has the best BMV that I have ever encountered or even heard of.
    :spend:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    WTF does donut hole mean?
    Otherwise known as the "coverage gap". If you're on medicare and have drug coverage, there is some point in the year where you reach a limit and insurance pays a lot less until you reach your out of pocket amount. My out of pocket is almost $6,000. so it's going to take a good bit of the year before I reach that.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    G-D trash panda walking down the street in broad daylight yesterday eve around 6pm. WTF. Was in the garage throwing darts with wife and the dog went into stalk mode then took off. Glad i caught him out of the corner of my eye. Treed the coon in the front yard tree so tested the accuracy of the daisy 45 replica co2 bb tosser... not to shabby for a lil bb pistol. Made him the neighbors problem. Definitely not right though in behavior or movement. Just glad he went up the tree before the dog got on him.

Coon and rabies are a thing. That one needs to be dead.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Making so much of the interactions online or by mail helped immensely.
    Indeed. That wasn't an option in this case, but all of the other vehicles are handled 100% in the mail or online.

California operates like is 1978 and it is horrendous.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The Indiana BMV has come a long way in 30 years and is run pretty well now. When I moved here from out of state in '91, getting two vehicles registered and retitled was a hassle. I believe they do a much better job now of communicating what is needed from the vehicle owner.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Well, it's classified.
    You can look up info people put out, such as Wikipedia and Jane's Fighting Ships.
    They have guestimates.

I'm full of stories, but certain boundaries I will not cross.
    If you are permitted to share or care to, what was your occupation in the submarine service?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom