NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Damn!
    Either something blew up, or a lightning bolt hit near my house.
    Lit up my room through the closed drapes and and instant "crack!" that made me jump.
    2 of the brightest lightning strikes i've ever seen last night. North of CP, so i'm guessing right on top of you.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The BEST deal at the CP gun show yesterday. $5 to laugh my ass off.
    Walking by a booth somewhere over by the taco truck and glance at the $175/brick primers to head the guy telling a customer "I"m a reasonable guy."
    Priceless.
    Saw a few guns that where priced fair, but not many. $1000 for a ruger 57. lol. come on man. $1000 for 92fs. Please... The amount of junk vendors to actual gun stuff is growing also.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Walking by a booth somewhere over by the taco truck and glance at the $175/brick primers to head the guy telling a customer "I"m a reasonable guy."
    Priceless.
    Saw a few guns that where priced fair, but not many. $1000 for a ruger 57. lol. come on man. $1000 for 92fs. Please... The amount of junk vendors to actual gun stuff is growing also.
    Hey I have one of those $1000 92fs's, I'll let it go for $900 though...
    On a more serious note, I think I am going to be getting rid of a rooster or two. For the price of someone wanting one???

BD97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2021
    Lake county
    Priceless.
    Prices are somewhat better. Will we ever go back to "normal"?? Thoughts? Better deals from buying straight from distributor or manufacturer.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I don't recall any storms or lightning/thunder during the night. Maybe we slept through it all.

I played Master Plumber this afternoon and repaired leaky faucets on the kitchen sink and a tub. Discovered that one of the water shutoffs under the kitchen sink leaks badly when you close it. Opened it back up and shut off the water at the meter to get the job done.

Add another item to the list of stuff to fix. Can the bonnet nut on those shutoffs be tightened to stop leaks around the valve stem?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Priceless.

Yep, nothing I couldn't live without. I have acquired some nice rimfires at the CP show, but not this time.

Talked to some old friends, took an order for some business cards and targets I've done before for a vendor.

Seemed to be good traffic though, so hopefully somebody was making a few bucks.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    I don't recall any storms or lightning/thunder during the night. Maybe we slept through it all.

I played Master Plumber this afternoon and repaired leaky faucets on the kitchen sink and a tub. Discovered that one of the water shutoffs under the kitchen sink leaks badly when you close it. Opened it back up and shut off the water at the meter to get the job done.

Add another item to the list of stuff to fix. Can the bonnet nut on those shutoffs be tightened to stop leaks around the valve stem?

Man, I hate plumbing. Invariably, I go to fix something and cause a leak somehow, usually with the old shut-offs, just like you. I guess it doesn't help that everything is 35 years old, and done on the cheap originally.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Decided to walk the show today too. Left empty handed. Didn't see anything I was looking for. I didn't see any ammo cheaper than what I can have delivered to my door for and in most instances much cheaper delivered. Silver prices were stupid. Primer prices were ridiculous.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Got an estimate to re-do my smaller, lower-level bathroom last week. Needs gutted and start over. 48 square feet. $12k-15K, and he supplies the new drywall - I supply all the expensive stuff! Yea, no ...

I may have to learn how to use my tools again. **** it. I ain't spendin $400 per square foot on a freakin small bathroom.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Got an estimate to re-do my smaller, lower-level bathroom last week. Needs gutted and start over. 48 square feet. $12k-15K, and he supplies the new drywall - I supply all the expensive stuff! Yea, no ...

I may have to learn how to use my tools again. **** it. I ain't spendin $400 per square foot on a freakin small bathroom.

Right, I was thinking the same thing not long ago. If I was more hungry, I'd dust off some tools, and rake it in. Wife's sister had her master bath done for 14k. Guy gave me some estimates on my kitchen, it was ridiculous. Updated on my own, not total redo, but everyone's happy and we still have money to eat.

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Right, I was thinking the same thing not long ago. If I was more hungry, I'd dust off some tools, and rake it in. Wife's sister had her master bath done for 14k. Guy gave me some estimates on my kitchen, it was ridiculous. Updated on my own, not total redo, but everyone's happy and we still have money to eat.

Yea, the guy told me, "everything's gone up, materials and labor, as you well know". He knows I own the printshop. But, he's basically a one-man show, and he's talking about supplying drywall, a few plumbing fittings, and labor.

I figured at his lower cost, $12k, he's planning on making $1000/day labor if it takes 10 workdays, or $500/day labor if he's estimating 20 work days. I don't pay myself that much, and I can do this kind of work, I just don't like to.

I'm planning on upscale tiled walls and shower, and shower glass from someone like Schererville Glass, so I'm probably looking at $5K in materials, with nice vanity, etc...

I've got a couple more outfits to get bids from, but this first guy .... :nono: .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom