NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Which carrier Ms Snap? I've been reading a lot of Fedex problems, like almost a glitch in their scanning system, sending **** all over the country, with some obvious routing patterns.

Not sure if it is USPS or some crazy **** like DHL. The shipment originated in China, so not sure how it was shipped once it passed through customs.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Not sure if it is USPS or some crazy **** like DHL. The shipment originated in China, so not sure how it was shipped once it passed through customs.
    I had a package about a month or so ago do the same towns. Ended up getting it getting it fine. Weird though, I remember putting it into maps to show my less amused wife at the whole craziness.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Got the deer out back stood back up. 1st chance to get out there since the wind event. Found out the reason they fell was the zip ties busted holding the legs on. And I mean on all the legs. I think I'll re-ziptie them tomorrow. Today wore me out.
    Fyi.... Black zip ties are made more for outdoors, uv and all. Guessing your whole setup is white, and had white ones one there before. Should last longer with black ties, if it doesn't contrast or stick out too much.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Fyi.... Black zip ties are made more for outdoors, uv and all. Guessing your whole setup is white, and had white ones one there before. Should last longer with black ties, if it doesn't contrast or stick out too much.
    Yep, out of the box white. One per leg. Considering doing 3 per
    But these haven't been outside an entire month.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Yep, out of the box white. One per leg. Considering doing 3 per
    But these haven't been outside an entire month.
    Sounds like they could've sourced some better materials... I wouldn't doubt 3 white ones now would get you through probably this and next year too. Lol black ones might tac one more on that. Just a little fun fact, but I guess it's where you get them from too.... Mill, big lots etc...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sounds like they could've sourced some better materials... I wouldn't doubt 3 white ones now would get you through probably this and next year too. Lol black ones might tac one more on that. Just a little fun fact, but I guess it's where you get them from too.... Mill, big lots etc...
    Think it was Menards. Wife drug them home.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My favorite screwed up shipping story happened about 4-5 years ago. I got it in my head that I wanted to crochet an afghan for a gift. Ordered the yarn on Dec. 6, I think, which was really cutting it close. I picked the vendor specifically because they were located in Indianapolis, so I thought I would get it in time to get finished. That damn box bounced around from Indiana to Illinois to Iowa to Nebraska to South Dakota back to Indianapolis and finally to Crown Point, on January 10. USPS.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I just checked again. It's still in Hebron, Kentucky. Apparently that's a big ecommerce center where lots of international packages come in through DHL and are handed off to USPS.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I just checked again. It's still in Hebron, Kentucky. Apparently that's a big ecommerce center where lots of international packages come in through DHL and are handed off to USPS.
    Thing I don't like about shipments that hand off to USPS is that they can disappear into a black hole for a while before they resurface. Funny how we track our packages with technology and fret about them nowadays. In prehistoric times, you ordered stuff and just accepted that it would arrive some day but with little certainty about when. When our mom would order something for us from one of the catalogs, it seemed like it took a month for it to arrive.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Buddy (in rural SE IN) ordered his mom & dad Omaha Steaks for Christmas. The tracking shows they’re on the FedEX truck out for delivery for two days. Today makes day 3.
    Tell me those won’t be ruined (if) they get there.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thing I don't like about shipments that hand off to USPS is that they can disappear into a black hole for a while before they resurface. Funny how we track our packages with technology and fret about them nowadays. In prehistoric times, you ordered stuff and just accepted that it would arrive some day but with little certainty about when. When our mom would order something for us from one of the catalogs, it seemed like it took a month for it to arrive.
    catalogs used to state "4 to 6 weeks for delivery"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom