NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Is there any event coming up that we can pair a Meet & Eat with.

If so, I'll start an event thread.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Is it verified?
    I don't see the verified stamp like I usually do for Lake county but its also a different promoter. Lists it on the website. Don't see why it wouldn't be a go, but I've been wrong before...once :whistle:

Edit to add link to promoters (Dunes rifle club) web page

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Furnace went out sometime just before I got home from work this morning. I'm 99% sure it's the igniter it's not glowing at all and the board isn't throwing any errors.

It got down to about 55 only an hour ago so I finally threw wood in the burner and the fireplace. Found a replacement ignitor on Amazon for about $25.

That should at least get me through the rest of winter or at least March when our profit sharing come in and I think I'm gonna have the whole furnace replaced.

Recommendations? (Brands and HVAC companies)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Furnace went out sometime just before I got home from work this morning. I'm 99% sure it's the igniter it's not glowing at all and the board isn't throwing any errors.

It got down to about 55 only an hour ago so I finally threw wood in the burner and the fireplace. Found a replacement ignitor on Amazon for about $25.

That should at least get me through the rest of winter or at least March when our profit sharing come in and I think I'm gonna have the whole furnace replaced.

Make sure when you install it, you don't touch it, just like a halogen bulb.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Do you need to borrow a propane heater or 2?
    I can loan them to you, and I have a couple tanks of propane.
    But, you'd have to pick them up. My car is in the shop.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do you need to borrow a propane heater or 2?
    I can loan them to you, and I have a couple tanks of propane.
    But, you'd have to pick them up. My car is in the shop.
    No, but thank you. I have wood for at least a couple days if Amazon fails me, but they're more reliable than the actual carriers so far.

Make sure when you install it, you don't touch it, just like a halogen bulb.
    Thanks, I'll rubber glove it to be extra careful. Mine also has what looks like a tiny barrel shroud around it

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

They installed mine. Armstrong
    But it was already installed when we found the house under construction.
    20220207_192215.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    No, but thank you. I have wood for at least a couple days if Amazon fails me, but they're more reliable than the actual carriers so far.

If you need something quickerer, there's also that place in Highland that carries parts for a lot of appliances. What's the name, somebody>
    Reliable Parts?

I did see this review on GoogleFu: "This place will rip you off, they sold me an ignition ignitor for 123 dollars when you can get it on Amazon or Menards for 24dollars"

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

When my ignitor went out a few years ago, I was able to use a bbq lighter to start the furnace by holding it near the ignitor as it cycled up. I think I did have to tape down a safety switch and remove the access panel.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Up to 61 now. I was gonna point my box fan at the wood burner to circulate some of the heat coming off it but as soon as I had that thought, Wrangler decided to pee on it. :facepalm:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    If you need something quickerer, there's also that place in Highland that carries parts for a lot of appliances. What's the name, somebody>
    Reliable Parts?

I did see this review on GoogleFu: "This place will rip you off, they sold me an ignition ignitor for 123 dollars when you can get it on Amazon or Menards for 24dollars"

Reliable Parts on 45th Street in Highland. It used to be called Bell Appliance back in the day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom