NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Normalcy Bias
    When you provide evidence of an impending emergency, and people just ignore it, believing things will continue as they had previously.
    Still f... up!
    Did u read the article. The lady was on the phone with her husband saying the pool was collapsing then he hears a scream and the line goes dead.

She is one of the missing, most likely dead.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Since it seems most of the aftermarket 10/22 barrels are bull barrels and need to be fitted to fit the basic factory stock, I'm probably gonna have to get an aftermarket stock. Fart.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You see "normalcy bias" all the time at the mill.
    And then we have a safety meeting discussing what happened, and they show the sequence of events that eventually led to a death, or $$$ damage.
    And people ignore the signs, because they expect things to continue.
    Until it doesn't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings.[1] Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects.[2] The normalcy bias causes many people to not adequately prepare for natural disasters, market crashes, and calamities caused by human error. About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.[3]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Since it seems most of the aftermarket 10/22 barrels are bull barrels and need to be fitted to fit the basic factory stock, I'm probably gonna have to get an aftermarket stock. Fart.
    Are you nodding the 10/22 to look like what?

Get a threaded barrel if possible to add suppressor. Makes for some nice shooting when u do t have to wear ear protection to plink with the 10/22.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Or, modify your stock.
    What stock do you have now?
    The basic wood one that feels like it was made from the leftovers from Ikea furniture. Doesn't seem worth it. I'm thinking about one of those laminate thumbhole ones or the Magpul. The laminate ones look like they probably wouldn't need modification but I'm not sure about the Magpul one. I also need to buy a Magpul SGA for my Shockwave when my stamp comes through and I want the PRS for my Savage Stealth though so it might be a while anyway.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Are you nodding the 10/22 to look like what?

Get a threaded barrel if possible to add suppressor. Makes for some nice shooting when u do t have to wear ear protection to plink with the 10/22.
    Yes it's for a threaded bbl so I can shoot suppressed, not for looks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The basic wood one that feels like it was made from the leftovers from Ikea furniture. Doesn't seem worth it. I'm thinking about one of those laminate thumbhole ones or the Magpul. The laminate ones look like they probably wouldn't need modification but I'm not sure about the Magpul one. I also need to buy a Magpul SGA for my Shockwave when my stamp comes through and I want the PRS for my Savage Stealth though so it might be a while anyway.
    There are 100 stock options for the 10/22.
    Most of them should state what kind of barrel they are designed for.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom