NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Those left behind each have to find the way to cope that helps them. I hope I do not out live my children or grand children because I never want to need to cope with that kind of loss. No one can know how bad it is who hasn't experienced it.

I have a cousin who's son was lost off the Gulf Coast, by the Florida panhandle. The young man had been duck hunting with friends when a strong storm came in, swamping their boat. The rest of the boys survived.

His father, my cousin's husband, searched for months to find the body of his son - even after all official searches ended. He searched every day, all day, till he found him. Gave up work, ruined his marriage, ruined his mental health, but he found him.

Couldn't have been much left of the body. I can't imagine the horror upon actually finding your kid like that, but I gotta respect the guy for having that much resolve. I don't believe I could have done it. I think I would rather remember him as a person, than see him after the crabs worked on him for months.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Cameras are a problem.
    So are rat coworkers.
    We have the worst kind of rat coworker. He started as a union guy, became a white hat and they laid him off that position but he had a contingency in his contract that allowed him to to return as a union guy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi did see the text.
    jedi does not understand it.
    If one does not believe in something how can one be scared of it.

For example if you dont believe in ghost how can you be scared of ghosts?

If you dont believe in wearing a mask to stop COVID-19 how can you be scared of COVID-19?

If you dont believe that spiders can bite you and you get sick how can you be afraid of spiders?

Thus the text posted makes no sense.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Another missing person recovered today. Sounds like this one may have been involved in a police chase May13th

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Shot a raccoon about 15min ago thats been eating out outdoor cats food. Unfortunately just my luck I happened to chamber the one underpowered cci hp in my savage mk2 and only wounded it. Sounded like my quiet 22's when I took the shot. It slowly went to the woods leaving a blood trail. Hopefully it passes but wasn't a clean kill.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Called the biologist at Kankakee about the "Learn to hunt" courses. Apparently the bureaucrats who run that program turned over and it's on pause this year, but he offered to take me out 1:1. I feel like I should compensate him -- it's the same **** he would have been doing on the clock last year. Any idea what I should offer/how to frame it to not be a dick?

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Any tips?
    We never had dogs, so we had to flush them ourselves. Best luck was to have some snow on the ground, and the colder the better. Find thick, heavy brush and kick and push through every brush pile. Works best if you have a partner, one person stand quietly while the other makes a circular route as a the flusher. The stander will often have some easy shots as rabbits will often try to quietly slip out and circle around the flusher. 20 gauge improved cylinder with #6 low brass shot worked well. It really doesn't take much to kill a rabbit.

Rabbit populations are cyclical, around here they seem to be on an upswing. Wishing you luck, and let me know if I can be of further help.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    We never had dogs, so we had to flush them ourselves. Best luck was to have some snow on the ground, and the colder the better. Find thick, heavy brush and kick and push through every brush pile. Works best if you have a partner, one person stand quietly while the other makes a circular route as a the flusher. The stander will often have some easy shots as rabbits will often try to quietly slip out and circle around the flusher. 20 gauge improved cylinder with #6 low brass shot worked well. It really doesn't take much to kill a rabbit.

Rabbit populations are cyclical, around here they seem to be on an upswing. Wishing you luck, and let me know if I can be of further help.
    Appreciate it.
    Shotgun all day or doable with a 22?
    The flushing makes sense, I've got a buddy who would work with me I think.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Appreciate it.
    Shotgun all day or doable with a 22?
    The flushing makes sense, I've got a buddy who would work with me I think.
    Definitely doable with a .22, you may have to be a little more patient with your shots. Many times, a bunny will run a short distance then stop and present a good shot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom