NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    works kicking back up so spending more time in the truck again... Looking to install a second lithium battery system and get a 12 volt compressor type fridge so I can keep meat snacks with me all the time... Carbs mean more insulin and expense... most meat has no carbs so .... but it needs to be refrigerated... Hoping my oil leak problem will be fixed tomorrow and then I can start working on frivolous projects... Extra battery, fridge and a coffee maker...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Suggestions that I seek out furry friends aside, no one's got a rec on a tile/bathroom person in NWI?
    The guy I use for large floor areas, unfortunately, retired.

I do tile work for fun, but I'm not for hire. Honestly tile work is pretty simple. If you are only doing a shower floor replacement its not a big job. If you know anything about doing tile then you can do a shower floor.

Below is my daughter's bathroom that I remodeled about 5 years ago. I did walls, floor, counter tops and wood but didn't move any of the plumbing so it was a pretty easy project. This used to be a 'mid-century modern' style bathroom. The transformation into a 'craftsman' style has it matching the majority of the house. I did bring in an electrician to add a light over the make-up vanity and move around some boxes, all that was brought in from the other side of the wall through the next room, it was actually less drywall work to cut through from the other side and I hate drywall work!

The fireplace is one of my favorite projects. We worked with an artist in Pasadena to have the tiles made for us. Had to fly out to SoCal to makes some adjustments. The finished project, which includes quite a few more details, corbels and completely covering that black metal firebox. It is now part of her exhibit. We plan to have her work for our other fireplaces. Sadly almost every one of those field tiles had to be trimmed about 1/8" of an inch, that was a huge PITA.
    tempImageDR7X9T.jpg

048E7807-8DE5-4F9E-923C-5B24C9D7380D.jpegtempImageIJ52xu.jpg6BDA5CE4-A17E-4FA2-91D5-7FED0AA94A1A.jpeg

B4F6951C-694F-4F86-9747-CB85D130CA68.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And while we're on remodeling, does anyone know someone who does kitchen tear-outs? (Maybe the same people who would do tile..) I'm looking for two decent 30x30 wall cabinets for a project.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I'm still looking for a general to tear down an existing and build a new garage. I've got two or three yet to contact.

In other news, I think I'm gonna take a drive to Cabela's at lunch time.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    The guy I use for large floor areas, unfortunately, retired.

I do tile work for fun, but I'm not for hire. Honestly tile work is pretty simple. If you are only doing a shower floor replacement its not a big job. If you know anything about doing tile then you can do a shower floor.

Below is my daughter's bathroom that I remodeled about 5 years ago. I did walls, floor, counter tops and wood but didn't move any of the plumbing so it was a pretty easy project. This used to be a 'mid-century modern' style bathroom. The transformation into a 'craftsman' style has it matching the majority of the house. I did bring in an electrician to add a light over the make-up vanity and move around some boxes, all that was brought in from the other side of the wall through the next room, it was actually less drywall work to cut through from the other side and I hate drywall work!

The fireplace is one of my favorite projects. We worked with an artist in Pasadena to have the tiles made for us. Had to fly out to SoCal to makes some adjustments. The finished project, which includes quite a few more details, corbels and completely covering that black metal firebox. It is now part of her exhibit. We plan to have her work for our other fireplaces. Sadly almost every one of those field tiles had to be trimmed about 1/8" of an inch, that was a huge PITA.

Thanks for the context and info ---
    My sole worry is the waterproofing but cause I want to leave the walls as is.

Am I over thinking it? Totally possible.

Also @melensdad that fire place is freaking beautiful.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Suggestions that I seek out furry friends aside, no one's got a rec on a tile/bathroom person in NWI?
    The Drifter on here was a tile guy and did some nice work. He did some of the schools around here and a lot of new motels across the State. Unfortunately he passed away last year. My kitchen and bathroom floors will still be standing regardless of the houses condition... lol...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Excess protein gets turned into glucose anyway, better off with that fatty piece of beef.
    protein doesn't or I wouldn't be able to eat all the meat I want without adjusting with insulin... Now if your meat has some type of sauce or glaze or it's been battered then your getting carbs from the stuff you molested the meat with not the meat... PS: I love beef too... Got to watch the pork as it will have carbs depending on how it was prepared...

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    The Drifter on here was a tile guy and did some nice work. He did some of the schools around here and a lot of new motels across the State. Unfortunately he passed away last year. My kitchen and bathroom floors will still be standing regardless of the houses condition... lol...
    Sad to hear he passed. I think he was still posting when I joined, iirc was a nice guy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In other news, there is now another reason to stay out of Chicago. Get a Vax-Pass or you can’t attend events.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    In other news, there is now another reason to stay out of Chicago. Get a Vax-Pass or you can’t attend events.

I needed another? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Soooooo where is the venison being grilled up tonight and why weren't we invited to partake... Venison prepared correctly is mighty lean and no carbs...
    You were invited to partake of his pulled pork, but noooooooooooo.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Excess protein gets turned into glucose anyway, better off with that fatty piece of beef.
    protein doesn't or I wouldn't be able to eat all the meat I want without adjusting with insulin... Now if your meat has some type of sauce or glaze or it's been battered then your getting carbs from the stuff you molested the meat with not the meat... PS: I love beef too... Got to watch the pork as it will have carbs depending on how it was prepared...
    Your body stores excess food as fat, whether it be carbs or protein.Your body turns fat into sugar to burn as fuel. If you eat too many carbs your body will burn the sugars and you will get fat.

That is why low carb works. It turns your body into a fat burning machine.

also the reason the reason gunbunnies has a BMI of about -25.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom