NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Pretty sure The Times is just printing news from the Chicago Tribune (it's owner) and the original content generated by local reporters is almost non-existent except for some local sports and some local interest stories. But most of what they publish is just copied over from the Tribune and sources like AP

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Pretty sure The Times is just printing news from the Chicago Tribune (it's owner) and the original content generated by local reporters is almost non-existent except for some local sports and some local interest stories. But most of what they publish is just copied over from the Tribune and sources like AP
    The Post Tribune is owned by the Chicago Tribune.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know I'm probably late to the party, but I am done with the Times and its leftist (not just liberal) coverage. The Times does a pretty poor job on real local news and spends its ink budget being just another mouthpiece for critical theory.

Region News Source for me.

I also stopped reading them.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I know I'm probably late to the party, but I am done with the Times and its leftist (not just liberal) coverage. The Times does a pretty poor job on real local news and spends its ink budget being just another mouthpiece for critical theory.

Region News Source for me.
    I like looking in the "Recent Arrests" section to see if I know anyone...?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I like looking in the "Recent Arrests" section to see if I know anyone...?
    Yeah. I generally only see that if someone posts a link here or the wife sends me one. Been a few times thru the years that I've known/recognized someone

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Yeah I'm betting nothing to win a law suit over... just more idiot box slobbering over nothing that might work within their agenda... Anyways you know Westforth is a cop shop anyways... Most of the Gary cops and a lot of County buy in there. Wonder who is buying and selling.... betting no one, just another fake news event... Be careful going to the NWI Times website that thing is full of hacks and trackers...

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I like to use The Times to start charcoal in the charcoal chimney. I don't buy it, I get it from the neighbors recycle bin.

The Time has always been a rag.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    We ditched our Times subscription about 8 years ago. I occasionally bring old copies home from the break room at work and use them to protect the bench when cleaning pistols.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom