NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK, I have read that five times and still cannot figure out what it says. :):
    I made it sound more complicated than it was...for fun.

My client is a "business trust" that ran a medical clinic. This was a common form of small business before the LLCs became popular.

When it was operating (2003), a patient was tested for hepatitis C. She claims that a clinic employee told her it was negative, but the test was positive. She further claims that she did not find out about being told the wrong test result until 2014, she filed a lawsuit against the clinic in 2015.

Unfortunately for her, the clinic ceased operating and dissolved in 2009. There is a statute that says that a business trust can sue or be sued for actions that took place before dissolution for 5 years after it is dissolved. She filed about 1 year after this 5 year period ended.

We moved to dismiss the case in the trial court and the dismissal was granted.

The case was appealed. The Court of Appeals reversed, reinstating the case, in my opinion, ignoring the law. The dissenting judge got it right.

We sought "transfer", a further appeal to the Indiana Supreme Court. Transfer was granted (The SC took the case) and we argued it this morning. The argument went well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I made it sound more complicated than it was...for fun.

My client is a "business trust" that ran a medical clinic. This was a common form of small business before the LLCs became popular.

When it was operating (2003), a patient was tested for hepatitis C. She claims that a clinic employee told her it was negative, but the test was positive. She further claims that she did not find out about being told the wrong test result until 2014, she filed a lawsuit against the clinic in 2015.

Unfortunately for her, the clinic ceased operating and dissolved in 2009. There is a statute that says that a business trust can sue or be sued for actions that took place before dissolution for 5 years after it is dissolved. She filed about 1 year after this 5 year period ended.

We moved to dismiss the case in the trial court and the dismissal was granted.

The case was appealed. The Court of Appeals reversed, reinstating the case, in my opinion, ignoring the law. The dissenting judge got it right.

We sought "transfer", a further appeal to the Indiana Supreme Court. Transfer was granted (The SC took the case) and we argued it this morning. The argument went well.
    Thanks.. but the biz was dissolved years ago. Is there anything left (money wise) for her to sue for?

I imagine something is left otherwise how are you getting paid right?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well 2A Tom, I finally put the code in for my Truck Vault.

Figured it was a nice day.
    So I cut out pieces to put in 4 magazines (20 rounders .308)
    Cut out a spot for some glow sticks

And then I put the code in.
    Of course, I couldn't use the code I first picked. It's only 0-5.
    And I couldn't use the next code, you can't repeat a number. Though you can press 2 at the same time.
    So, after a while I come up with a code I'll remember.

But now, I need to go back and cut a spot for the dehumidifier.
    It was in the house, heating up to release the moisture, so I forgot it.

Always got to forget something.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Well 2A Tom, I finally put the code in for my Truck Vault.

Figured it was a nice day.
    So I cut out pieces to put in 4 magazines (20 rounders .308)
    Cut out a spot for some glow sticks

And then I put the code in.
    Of course, I couldn't use the code I first picked. It's only 0-5.
    And I couldn't use the next code, you can't repeat a number. Though you can press 2 at the same time.
    So, after a while I come up with a code I'll remember.

But now, I need to go back and cut a spot for the dehumidifier.
    It was in the house, heating up to release the moisture, so I forgot it.

Always got to forget something.
    This is a test...

What's the code?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Does anyone even remember phone numbers anymore?

Anyone?

I remember my parents home phone number.
    I remember my parents phone number when I was 6.

That's probably about it.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I remember the phone number my parents had in the house I grew up in and I remember the last phone number they had when they lived in Misery. They moved back to Indiana about two and a half years ago.

Here's an odd one. My dad worked at a place in Hammond off and on during the period 1970 to 1990. They still have the same number and I work there now.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I remember my sister in New Jersey phone number. The problem is they have changed the area code three times over the years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom