NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Yup I did -- They don't have public contact listed on their website any more -- sent an email to the fellow that runs CASS there and he was very nice. Membership is closed, the few that open every year get taken quickly. He suggested I come to some competitions, get to know some folks if I wanted to try and get a membership but I'm not a competitive shooter so :(

We pass by there on the way to a garden center we like alot (Four Seasons) which is very close by.

Have you looked into North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton? Was a member there a long time ago and didn't have the time for the volunteer hours they wanted.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Sorry I had missed the posts after the one I replied to here.

FWIW I googled around a little and it looked like anti-gun people in the area were going after them for "noise complaints" which I know has been a tactic in IL to get rangers closed down, so I'm guessing that that's why they are closed to new members ATM.

Yup I did -- They don't have public contact listed on their website any more -- sent an email to the fellow that runs CASS there and he was very nice. Membership is closed, the few that open every year get taken quickly. He suggested I come to some competitions, get to know some folks if I wanted to try and get a membership but I'm not a competitive shooter so :(

We pass by there on the way to a garden center we like alot (Four Seasons) which is very close by.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Kid wanted to visit my gun room and see/hold his pistol. He had to wait for the commercial break and be responsible. Mission accomplished.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry I had missed the posts after the one I replied to here.

FWIW I googled around a little and it looked like anti-gun people in the area were going after them for "noise complaints" which I know has been a tactic in IL to get rangers closed down, so I'm guessing that that's why they are closed to new members ATM.

For NPCCC that was part of their problem. They had I eternal drama a few years back with their leadership. Plus they were bad neighbors themselves when they expanded their ranges which cause a rif between then and the property owner next to them.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the back story. That sucks. They're in a great location and at least zipping by in the road it looks like a nice spot : /

For NPCCC that was part of their problem. They had I eternal drama a few years back with their leadership. Plus they were bad neighbors themselves when they expanded their ranges which cause a rif between then and the property owner next to them.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I remember the drama and the neighbors moved into an area with a gun range next door and complained about the noise,

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I will say, Veterans Elementary in Hobart, while behind in construction, have some pretty kick ass murals going up. I may post pics tomorrow if there is some interest.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Who let the mouse in? Thought I said something in my drunken stupor to get a warning or ban

Jedi warned ya 2 not leave the cheese out!
    Jedi knows ya were trying to attract more raccoon but instead look who came in.

Ship him back to FL where the mouse belongs in his castle. :p
    Off 2 chiraqi jedi goes

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well, it looks like Hobart is following Lake Central and will be doing E-Learning. Get ready for every other school to follow.

And the IHSAA just announced that FALL SPORTS at the high schools can proceed this year on schedule.

So there will be no school, but apparently football parents and band boosters will get to see a ZOOM streaming session of their kids out on the field.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone that moves near an airport, railroad tracks or a range and complains about noise should be jailed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom