NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Have you looked into North Porter County Conservation Club in Chesterton? Was a member there a long time ago and didn't have the time for the volunteer hours they wanted.

Membership was closed there last fall. They have numerous activities open to the public and offer some training classes. Check their website for info on stuff open to the public.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Membership was closed there last fall. They have numerous activities open to the public and offer some training classes. Check their website for info on stuff open to the public.
    Didn't know membership was closed. Wonder why? I know some members on here were still members at NPCCC.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. Finally a pretty relaxing one, although I'm sure that'll change in a few when I get to work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It was move-in weekend for international students at Notre Dame. We've had Dasha the Russian fencing student living here for the tail end of her summer break, over the last couple of years she became our Unofficial adopted daughter so we moved her into her dormitory at Notre Dame. We'll be participating in the parent/student activities on Thursday on campus.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    It was move-in weekend for international students at Notre Dame. We've had Dasha the Russian fencing student living here for the tail end of her summer break, over the last couple of years she became our Unofficial adopted daughter so we moved her into her dormitory at Notre Dame. We'll be participating in the parent/student activities on Thursday on campus.
    At least South Bend isn't a far drive for you.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Well, it looks like Hobart is following Lake Central and will be doing E-Learning. Get ready for every other school to follow.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Metra to begin first round of layoffs today in chiraqi.
    I'm sure south shore passenger train to follow next.
    Plus it looks like the last of the stores at the train station is leaving. The mens clothing store was packing up. Just a few food places still open now, mainly the big chains (mcd, Starbucks, popeyes).

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:yesway:

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Sorry about the dumb question - what does Kingsbury have in the way of target stands? Wondering if I should put something together before I go out there, or if I'm good with paper targets and clips.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Sorry about the dumb question - what does Kingsbury have in the way of target stands? Wondering if I should put something together before I go out there, or if I'm good with paper targets and clips.

They've got 2x2" wood frames & foam backers.
    I'd take a staple gun, but clips might work. There are staple guns to borrow as well.

A man-sized target (IDPA etc.) will likely be much too large and need to be folded/trimmed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My friend that shoots there uses a piece of cardboard with two lines of 2x2 squares drawn with a marker and a 1t4" black dot on the center of each.

He fires 3 rounds at each dot with different rifles or loads. Most groups can be covered with a dime. That is at 200 to 250 yards.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    They've got 2x2" wood frames & foam backers.
    I'd take a staple gun, but clips might work. There are staple guns to borrow as well.

A man-sized target (IDPA etc.) will likely be much too large and need to be folded/trimmed.

Excellent, thanks.

My friend that shoots there uses a piece of cardboard with two lines of 2x2 squares drawn with a marker and a 1t4" black dot on the center of each.

He fires 3 rounds at each dot with different rifles or loads. Most groups can be covered with a dime. That is at 200 to 250 yards.

Well, I'm impressed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom