NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Call me lazy....

I have some scrap steel that would love to just give to someone if they will come over and take it away.

The biggest pieces are a plow blade that is 18" x 72" and thick and the associated home-built frames and brackets that came with my tractor. I don't want it. Also, I have 2 front bumpers from my Silverado (193,000 miles, 1 engine, 1 transmission...3 bumpers). There is the steel framework for a divider in my horse trailer (wood removed) as well as some miscellaneous stuff like old T posts, a cast iron patio umbrella stand, frames for outdoor benches, etc. A few hundred pounds in all.

Does anyone know of someone who would like to come and take the stuff? (I am just south of Valpo) I would be glad to help them load it.

Don't know if you're on Facebook, but there are always people on the 219 sale groups looking for scrap.

Thanks. I may go that route.

I wanted to offer the stuff to someone I had some connection of some kind too first. In blatant self interest, I live in a secluded place and my neighbors and I like it that not a lot of people know our houses are where they are.

However, if it comes down to offering this stuff to a total stranger...it has to go.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks. I may go that route.

I wanted to offer the stuff to someone I had some connection of some kind too first. In blatant self interest, I live in a secluded place and my neighbors and I like it that not a lot of people know our houses are where they are.

However, if it comes down to offering this stuff to a total stranger...it has to go.
    I get that too.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Too bad Dick's restaurant in St John changed its name. They had good Italian beef. My mom and I used to joke about going and having a Dick's sandwich.

One of our old old delivery drivers. Hell, he was like 85. Someone asked him one time what his favorite restaurant was.....

"ohhh golly, Dick's, definitely Dicks. Even my daughters love Dicks'

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    right. hopefully she sprung for th lifetime anyway, no bothering to remember every 5 years

Yeah, we only do the lifetime ones in this family. We have a problem reme.... Oh look, a squirrel, where are my keys, is this new, what were we talking about?

Heck, she only remembers to renew her medical licenses and certs because the office manager blocks time for all the providers to do it when they're due or none of them would update their credentials on time.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    RE transfers

I live in Cedar Lake and my friend Ed Robinson (also here in Cedar Lake) does my transfers. If you go to the Crown Point show you've probably seen Ed.

Message me and I'll hook you up with Ed, he's a good guy.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Grocery store this morning and enjoying the pool and patio since. Almost time for a Yuengling

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had breakfast at Round the clock this AM. The place was packed to 75% capacity with 5 or 6 parties waiting all the time.

Fresh Country Market was light $4.99 a pound steaks Porterhouse, T Bone and Tomahawk. Pork shoulder and picnics around $1.75.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    RE transfers

I live in Cedar Lake and my friend Ed Robinson (also here in Cedar Lake) does my transfers. If you go to the Crown Point you've probably seen Ed.

Message me and I'll hook you up with Ed, he's a good guy.
    I’ll keep that in mind, I’m in CP but cedar lake is literally just at the end of my backyard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom