NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone looking to take on an apprentice deer hunter?

Dad takes anyone out to hunt, but he's 3 hours away on a property owners stand (fully sheltered, heck, carpeted floors) with land owner tags 2 times a day. He has a cattle farm, so he waits for a trophy. Retired man's hobby. For the same reason, I go with my in-laws in IA, but out of state licenses have skyrocketed. They get in position and one person walks a valley to flush them out vs Dad in a stand. His stand is on the edge of a field with high traffic. Lots of watching and waiting. Many years it can definitely be called hunting, not catching.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Dad takes anyone out to hunt, but he's 3 hours away on a property owners stand (fully sheltered, heck, carpeted floors) with land owner tags 2 times a day. He has a cattle farm, so he waits for a trophy. Retired man's hobby. For the same reason, I go with my in-laws in IA, but out of state licenses have skyrocketed. They get in position and one person walks a valley to flush them out vs Dad in a stand. His stand is on the edge of a field with high traffic. Lots of watching and waiting. Many years it can definitely be called hunting, not catching.

Maybe I can find some hook ups through work. Should go to the range and sight in first before fully commiting to a hunt.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Maybe I can find some hook ups through work. Should go to the range and sight in first before fully commiting to a hunt.

Dad usually takes his Beretta over and under with the barrels good to 75 yds. Of course, you'd have to exchange stories and listen to Vietnam naval episodes. He has opened up a lot more the past 10 years, and frankly, the stories are hilarious.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Would work just fine. I've gotten a lot of harvest out of an 870, 1100, & 11-87

Had a maverick 88 but been a Remington fan since setting eyes on my grandpas 1100lt20 years back. So only made since when he gave it to me in 14 that the rest of my hunting or trap shotguns would be older Remingtons.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What the...

713-000-111MARLIN CAMP BUFFERS CMP45/9$11.191$11.19
    Please Note: TRANSFER OF THESE PRODUCTS TO ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY OR LOCATION (WHETHER IN YOUR CITY, STATE, OR OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES) MAY BE SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND/OR PERMIT OR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS.

This is on my receipt from Brownell's. I know, it is on there for all receipts, but it may be true if Beto becomes the Anti-Gun Czar.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yes, before Ishotit I got a 20 lb spring and improved buffer. When I cleaned it last, I noticed a bit of deterioration of the buffer, so I ordered a new one. Brownell's did not have the spring, I will replace that again too when I get a few bucks.

There used to be several sites that sold both as a package, but I could not find it that way.

I will probably order another pair to have in reserve.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Munster schools go back to e-learning

Full email here, FYI:

Dear Parents and Students,
    The School Town of Munster has been monitoring the continued rise in Covid-19 cases. As the numbers have spiked above 13% countywide, the school administration has been monitoring the impact of this disease on our staff and students. Currently, increased numbers of staff are required to quarantine because of exposure to the virus from outside our district. With this, it is difficult to staff all in-person classrooms on a daily basis. Today, the administration met and reviewed how we can best staff our schools to provide a quality educational program to all of our students. From this meeting, I have decided (with the advice of my administrative team) and with the exception of in-person supports for specific programs, we will suspend in-person instruction at all schools at the end of the day on Friday, November 13, 2020. We will continue to monitor the infection rates of our students and staff over the next few weeks, and we hope to return to in-person learning on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
    The key to being able to return to in-person learning on December 2nd will be determined by our community, staff, parents and students being able to social distance, wear facemasks and wash hands. With the holiday season approaching, it will be a challenge as family members get together for celebrations, college students return home, and families travel to visit family members. Please remember that we must continue to be vigilant in protecting ourselves and our families from exposure.
    It is our hope that providing our families with this notification today will allow parents the necessary time to make provisions to find adequate daycare or supervision for their children during this tough time. We all realize that this is a major inconvenience and a disruption, but unfortunately, these difficult times dictate the measures we are taking.
    Because the infection rate of our students remains low, we will allow students to participate in extra-curricular activities with increased safety measures.
    I want to thank you for your understanding. If everyone practices safe and healthy habits over the next few weeks, hopefully we can knock down this infection rate and return our children back to in-person learning.
    Sincerely,

My sis sent me this.
    Plus looks like east Chicago is going back to e-learning next week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom