danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Butt drippings on your meat?

Try it.

Got two giant butts dripping on a giant chuck. Should cut down on dryness that plagues smoking chucks, without needing to wrap anything during cook time.

It's an experiment still. I've done it twice prior and I'm not sure it does anything that wrapping doesn't. But it saves me from wrapping. This is the first time I've fully loaded the upper rack to maximize butt drippings. If it's still not worth the effort over wrapping a chuck solo, I will give up on the idea. 25lbs of meat is a lot to experiment with. It will all turn out edible and be consumed, but it's an exercise in efficiency - whether or not I can do a cheaper cut of beef without being too involved in the process.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Meat's all in the stall.

All 3 lumps are holding 160s-170s. Probing them, they're all very firm still.

I prefer to gauge done time by feel over thermometers, but use thermometers to measure progress.

I'm figuring they'll be done around 2-3AM. I go back to 12hr nights tomorrow so this is a perfect segway into night shift. Once I wrap and rest, shredding time will be when I put the kid on the bus. Then its shred and sleep.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Separated the muscles on two butts this morning and have them marinating for tamales. I will put them in the crock pot on medium over night and take them out in the morning, let them cool, make masa, shred the meet and make tamales for dinner.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Separated the muscles on two butts this morning and have them marinating for tamales. I will put them in the crock pot on medium over night and take them out in the morning, let them cool, make masa, shred the meet and make tamales for dinner.

What time should I be there for dinner?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Fencing season at the high school is over. I'm bored. Where does a 59 year old man find a part time job?

Mornings to early afternoon. Weekdays. 6am to 2pm would be ideal.

I see a lot of parts drivers for Dealers and auto parts stores that fit that age bracket

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Fencing season at the high school is over. I'm bored. Where does a 59 year old man find a part time job?

Mornings to early afternoon. Weekdays. 6am to 2pm would be ideal.

Driver for a clinic? A lot of doctors offices need patient transportation to and fro with procedures...like eye doctors.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Someone buy my stuff. Mama needs some new denture cream to hold in her teeth. Powerful ugly woman with just gums and tongue flapping. I'm desperate to sell my stuff (at good prices to good people) so no gang bangers need apply. But the teeth man, help out a brother.

I just ordered a new 15-22 yesterday...

I may be interested tho.

Well this is what I have to offer.

Dedicated 22LR upper, brand unknown/long forgotten. Very lightly used. 4 rail tactical style forearm, don't recall the brand, but as its mounted on a 22lr upper I know it is not one of the premium brands. Includes 4 TROY rail covers, one with the RUGER logo, that i will include as a free bonus gift to all friends and family of JEDI or anyone else from NWI INGO area who buys the rifle. In the photos below you will see the left rail cover installed for illustration purposes, the other 3 rail covers are not installed. They slip on and have a sliding snap lock to securely hold them in place if you want them on, just as easy to take off. But the locking system prevents them from sliding along the rails, can be use with most any brand of rail system. No rear sight.

A stack of BLACK DOG MACHINE 22lr magazines. 1 is brand new. All others are probably used. Several are obviously used.

AR15 lower receiver with mil spec type Charles Daly collapsable/adjustable stock. Mil spec type grip. Nothing fancy just a functional basic AR15 lower receiver. Always was reliable, no reason to believe it is not currently reliable. Have used this lower with 22lr, 223/5.56 uppers without any issues.

Looking for $450 for this package.

Obviously the advantage of this is that it uses a standard AR15 lower receiver so pushing out 2 pins lets you pop off the upper receiver, install any other standard spec AR15 upper and you can change caliber, change configuration, etc giving you lots of extra flexibility.

60A57667-06CC-4697-8A47-D8FEADA92526.jpg

9F7ED984-B19B-4C59-A00E-9A9800DE01D4.jpg

B3CE01C7-1AC5-4812-8B2C-B39C70203C2A.jpg

65EC32DE-F92C-4F07-9BA6-D7C914A489F0.jpg

5C0751C5-A025-4FF9-A8BF-1F1338FD5B87.jpg

3B85C325-F49A-4E47-9032-55EA99EECEAC.jpg

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Again no pink!! No hello kitty!!

Uh actually the lettering in the lower receiver is PINK. Light pink. It does not show as pink in the photo, probably because of the lighting. I'd be willing to change the color to make a sale :rolleyes:

On the bright side I'm feeling pretty good about the early spring cleaning. Getting to the point that I can actually see into the safe. Clearing out some train cars from my toy train collection. Selling off some other stuff. De-cluttering my life and feeling happy about that. At first I was thinking I shouldn't get rid of some of this stuff, but once I started putting it up for sale I'm changing my tune. And nothing I'm getting rid of is anything that I have even touched/used/shot in a couple of years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom