• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That's kinda funny just because it's a delivery station so they wouldn't be looting pick bins full of merchandise. Imagine a dude loots a box and gets it home to open it to find he stole a box of dildos on the way to a lonely housewife in Chesterton. Lmao

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Oh also a lot of high dollar items like tablets and phones are usually shipped with scanning the serial numbers and IMEI numbers so if any of those are stolen, they become bricks as soon as they connect to WiFi or a cell carrier

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Heard a lot more sirens going up and down Ridge Rd tonight just before midnight. I dunno if it's related because that randomly happens anyway.

Last night about 10:30 it sounded like a war had broken out. Multiple gunshots, from different guns. I'm at 49th & Cleveland in Cal. twp., It really sounded like a battle just north of here I downloaded a scanner app, but heard nothing about what happened.

Amazon warehouse in Gary got looted yesterday.

Good thing both my Amazon items hadn't made it to Gary yet, due for delivery tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well considering the crap going on.

I was supposed to work in Chicago Thursday but I pushed it back a week. Now next week I've got 3 days of work there, maybe.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Yesterday a Porter County helo was circling the filed behind my house over and over. Thats why I keep a loaded 20 guage #3 buck handy. Turns out they were looking for a woman that was going to self harm, but man it was scary for a while.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Last night about 10:30 it sounded like a war had broken out. Multiple gunshots, from different guns. I'm at 49th & Cleveland in Cal. twp., It really sounded like a battle just north of here I downloaded a scanner app, but heard nothing about what happened.

Could it have been NNW? That is close to Westforth's

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

Good thing both my Amazon items hadn't made it to Gary yet, due for delivery tomorrow.

I was supposed to work in Chicago Thursday but I pushed it back a week. Now next week I've got 3 days of work there, maybe.

Weird. I'm very close to you, just west of Cleveland on Ridge basically next to Famous Legs Tattoo Shop and I didn't hear anything quite like that. I was in my bedroom with the AC on though so that drowns out a lot

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Weird. I'm very close to you, just west of Cleveland on Ridge basically next to Famous Legs Tattoo Shop and I didn't hear anything quite like that. I was in my bedroom with the AC on though so that drowns out a lot
    I got my phoenix tattoo at Famous Legs.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All is quiet and relaxed in the Vale of Paradise....and at Oxbow Landing in Hammond...but there are scattered reports that there will be closed ramps to 80/94 at various locations.

As an aside, my assistant said the only reason she came in today is because she knew I would be (in her words) "Packin'".

...but still completely quiet here.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm about to head out to Winfield for a hair cut appointment in an hour or so on my bike. I'll run the damn line if I have to.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    block.png

My office is on the southeast corner of Kennedy Ave. and 80/94....but nothing going on at this time. We'll see what happens this afternoon. I suspect not much.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You're right near me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    block.png

My office is on the southeast corner of Kennedy Ave. and 80/94....but nothing going on at this time. We'll see what happens this afternoon. I suspect not much.

As of now, the Hammond PD is saying that there is no credible information that the ramps will be shut down. We represent the HPD and get our info directly from those in the know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom