Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In response to the Illinois people coming here for the open beaches, and remembering the billboards they used to have about "guns from Indiana", we should rent a billboard and tell them to stay in Illinois since they seem to think our gun laws are too lax.

Or something similar but more funny.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    That's funny. I stopped at a Chipotle in South Bend area. Since they're still closed for dine in, I sat on the bike at the far part of the lot and ate with my jacket off. A Ford Fiesta with IL plates pulled in and the driver looked at me( specifically my shoulder holster) a couple times like I had two heads.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That's funny. I stopped at a Chipotle in South Bend area. Since they're still closed for dine in, I sat on the bike at the far part of the lot and ate with my jacket off. A Ford Fiesta with IL plates pulled in and the driver looked at me( specifically my shoulder holster) a couple times like I had two heads.

Are you sure it was because of the holster?
    :stickpoke:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Where do you you get a helmet for two heads?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got the grass mowed and the pool up today. Enjoying some ice cold Yuenglings on the patio the rest of the day

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Got the grass mowed and the pool up today. Enjoying some ice cold Yuenglings on the patio the rest of the day
    That sounds good. Been a lazy day here. Watered this morning, ordered a new vacuum breaker float kit for my front silcock, repotted a plant, and did some laundry. Too hot for me already, but the weekend should be nice.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That sounds good. Been a lazy day here. Watered this morning, ordered a new vacuum breaker float kit for my front silcock, repotted a plant, and did some laundry. Too hot for me already, but the weekend should be nice.

Yeah it's been a warm one. Wanted to get pool up Saturday but by the time I got garden tilled and planted there was the heavy Tstorms coming and didn't wanna chance it. Would of been my luck the pool would of flown away before I got enough water in it. Let the ground dry out yesterday. Will take the pool about 16-20 hours to fill now. Hopefully the weather stays warm to get it usable, but showing highs in the low to mid 60s right now for this upcoming Friday and Saturday

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    In response to the Illinois people coming here for the open beaches, and remembering the billboards they used to have about "guns from Indiana", we should rent a billboard and tell them to stay in Illinois since they seem to think our gun laws are too lax.

Or something similar but more funny.

I could really get behind this billboard idea, working along the lake we get plenty of IL plates. They think they're special because they are here a couple months out of the year. Worked OT one Saturday last summer and in the course of 3 hours the only IN plates I saw driving around were on our crews trucks.

Oh, uh where do you guys draw the NWI line? You know, for future reference.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Oh, uh where do you guys draw the NWI line? You know, for future reference.

Jedi will be along shortly to tell you the lines drawn for hillbillies and thugs as well as tell you all about how much he loves pink, hello kitty and racoons

And by the way :welcome:

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Jedi will be along shortly to tell you the lines drawn for hillbillies and thugs as well as tell you all about how much he loves pink, hello kitty and racoons

And by the way :welcome:

Thank you, it would be much appreciated. I know the Region gets defensive of it's borders. Maybe I can use my born and raised credentials and get a pass if I fall outside the lines.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    To cap off the day, some turtles will be arriving after a while.

20200525-181222.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Be careful with the boy. Turtles spread ecoli and other diseases.

I found a salamander one day and a lady asked if she could have it. Her son nearly died and to this day they call me the guy that tried to kill their son.

Her husband is a pastor at our Church and we are all good friends. The boy is married with a couple of kids.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Is anyone planning on traveling to Indy in the near future? If so and you'd be willing to mule my .22 down there to a buyer, please PM me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom