Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I'm up and at work:(

But, I am lucky that we are considered essential business. Our industry always lags 60-90 days behind the economic ups/downs. I can already see our sales steadily dropping. Even if the economy rebounds quickly, I would imagine layoff and furloughs are in my not too distant future.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

But, I am lucky that we are considered essential business. Our industry always lags 60-90 days behind the economic ups/downs. I can already see our sales steadily dropping. Even if the economy rebounds quickly, I would imagine layoff and furloughs are in my not too distant future.

Newton county has a raccoon industry? ;)
    Who knew!

Chiraqi this morning was dead once again.
    Jedi did notice the cars in the parking garage are now collecting dust on them. A strange site to see almost from a post-end of the world movie scene.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Been laid off since March 20th and work is slow with the remaining people only working four days a week. Enjoying my staycation for who knows how long.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Friend of mine's daughter is graduating and getting thrown right into the medical field. Apparently, everyone now is taking special training based on a predicted second wave of the rona. Greaaaaat. :rolleyes:

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Newton county has a raccoon industry? ;)
    Who knew!

Chiraqi this morning was dead once again.
    Jedi did notice the cars in the parking garage are now collecting dust on them. A strange site to see almost from a post-end of the world movie scene.

We prefer to call them Trash Panda Enterprise Zones:):

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Friend of mine's daughter is graduating and getting thrown right into the medical field. Apparently, everyone now is taking special training based on a predicted second wave of the rona. Greaaaaat. :rolleyes:
    This is happening in parts of China right now.

Remember, flattening the curve only spreads the virus curve over a longer duration and saves the hospitals from being over-run all at one time. The number of infected stays the same, its just the dates of infection are spread out over a longer period of time so that health care facilities can better care for the sick. But one way or another, most of us are going to get sick. Partial openings will allow more people to get sick, but again, as the initial wave seems to be at peak for us, the reopening helps the economy, reduces business and individual bankruptcy and simultaneously spreads the disease to those who are not yet sick/recovered.

We prefer to call them Trash Panda Enterprise Zones:):
    Or to be politically correct, in these times when business/capitalism and actually working for a living is evil and "entitlement" matters more than being worthwhile or productive, Trash Panda EMPOWERMENT Zones.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If we were smart, we would gradually open up such that we don't have a second wave, but a steady, manageable number of cases until 70% or more of the population has antibodies...granted, that level of precision would be...challenging.

Best of luck to your friend's daughter.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am glad that we have recently added a couple if interesting members to this thread. It helps to water down jedi's blather.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK ... need recommendations for reputable/good mechanic shop in the Crown Point area. I did NOT say cheap (though affordable would be nice). Just need to find a shop that is still open and can take in work today.

Crown point no.
    Griffith yes.
    And jedi thinks he is a snob like you cause he lives in your neck of the woods jedi thinks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom