Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yea, Chicago is a ghost town. Quite a few places completely closed, so I was calling ahead for lunch. They closed the cafeteria in the building too. Trying to hit the mom and pop places that are open.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have Grand Jury Duty today.

It was originally scheduled for 2 days.

Then they changed it to 1 day.

Then they changed it to 1 full morning.

Then they changed it to 2 hours.

Now it is scheduled for 1 hour.

All JURY TRIALS have been suspended due to health risks. The courthouse is essentially closed. Our secret grand jury room is closed because it is too small. The only people who will be there are the guards, the necessary US Attorney staff, and the Grand Jurors. We will be in a very large courtroom, with plenty of space between jurors so nobody infects anyone else. Or so they hypothosize.

All I know is that we have a few HIGH PROFILE cases we have been considering. If they are going through all this for 1 hour of my time then I think it is very likely that there is a big fish and they are brining us in because they finally have enough evidence to heat up the frying pan.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Also from DNR WINAMAC.

We just got word that all DNR state shooting ranges except for Tri-County FWA will re-open tomorrow and resume normal hours of operation. We may be using some sort of one-use material for the benches that can be removed and replenished between shooters to increase sanitary measures. Not sure yet what that will be but probably some sort of plastic shrink wrap or wax paper. Just a heads up and update. I will keep you updated with any new information as I receive it.

Thanks, stay healthy, and have a good day,

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Also from DNR WINAMAC.

We just got word that all DNR state shooting ranges except for Tri-County FWA will re-open tomorrow and resume normal hours of operation. We may be using some sort of one-use material for the benches that can be removed and replenished between shooters to increase sanitary measures. Not sure yet what that will be but probably some sort of plastic shrink wrap or wax paper. Just a heads up and update. I will keep you updated with any new information as I receive it.

Thanks, stay healthy, and have a good day,

:yesway:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If anyone still needs to pick up anything, Jewel in Crown Point has some of just about everything. They are limiting bread, water, milk, and eggs to 1 per person. I did not look at paper products, but probably the same. I really wanted to pick up a few more gallons of distilled water for my CPAP, so with the limit of 1, I chose the 2.5 gal dispenser jug instead.

As I use the distilled water for my CPAP, I will fill the empty jugs with tap water and set aside. Can't hurt.

This was the last trip out in the foreseeable future. Now time to hunker down.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You watch, he get's traded and turns out to be a great QB..... for another team....like the Packers.....
    Possibly. He was doomed from the start here. The Bears never should have traded UP to get him. The QBs picked after him have been awesome. The coaching on the bears has been unstable as usual lately.

The guy had 14 starts in college. He needed more work.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If anyone still needs to pick up anything, Jewel in Crown Point has some of just about everything. They are limiting bread, water, milk, and eggs to 1 per person. I did not look at paper products, but probably the same. I really wanted to pick up a few more gallons of distilled water for my CPAP, so with the limit of 1, I chose the 2.5 gal dispenser jug instead.

As I use the distilled water for my CPAP, I will fill the empty jugs with tap water and set aside. Can't hurt.

This was the last trip out in the foreseeable future. Now time to hunker down.

Stracks on US30/41 seems like it returned to normal. Stopped there at lunchtime on my way home.

Picked up some Pate', gourmet cheeses, crackers and wine. We each survive in our own way.

But the store was pretty well stocked. The canned meal aisle was somewhat picked over, but it was 10/$10 for Beefaroni, Raviolios, etc. Boxed potatoes were picked over too, but still plenty of choices. There were short (pre-panic length) lines at the registers. I only had 1 person in line in front of me. Nobody behind me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Heck no!!!
    I avoid leaving the bldg once I get in.
    I leave when I leave work. Otherwise I dont go out unless I am forced to or really. Really have to.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by melensdad View Post
    Meanwhile the grocery shopping panic is in full bloom with the grocery stores overwhelmed by shoppers who apparently keeps no more than 7 hours worth of food in their pantry??? Drove past Meijer on US30, Stracks on 41 and Aldi and the parking lots were full with people driving up and down looking for spots.
    Seriously how do these panic shoppers even survive the night? Do they shop every day and keep their cupboards bare?

"7 hours worth of food in their pantry" Funniest thing I've read all day. :laugh:
    I don't get it either.
    The wife & I would go to Aldi every 3 months to stock up on cases of basic can goods, so imagine our surprise when they said only 4 cans of a same product.
    We left.
    I've been trying to find the wife some green beans and they are out everywhere it seems.
    Strange.
    I eat green beans as a "diet" food.
    If buying for survival, I'd think any kind of beans would be better for survival than green beans.
    When I was in Kroger looking for a half-dozen items for the wife, I got caught up in the panic & bought a case of hot chili beans & a case of 3 bean combo.
    My panic buying was done and the cases are just sitting in the garage.
    I figure I could survive 2 weeks on just that. :)
    There is plenty of foodstuffs available in the stores, I'll just buy what's left: it's just food.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My mom (in her early 70s) has been home sick.
    Regular sick, not Wuhan sick.
    She went to the supermarket and was surprised.

I told her next time, she should have one of her armed sons go with, which is all but one.
    Dad unfortunately doesn't have a LTCH. And he's not youngster either.

I told her, it's just a precaution, cause people are acting "funny".

She picked up some TP because there are 4 living in the house, and it was there normal time to get TP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom