Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The roads to Chicago are 3 and 4 lane. If you cannot get around me in the middle lane, especially when I am following someone else that is going 10 -15 miles over the posted limit...

You don't know how to drive.

Still, if traffic was "OPEN" to quote jedi what is the problem, aside from having another thing to whine about?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The law is that you cannot block the left lane, I do not drive in the left lane. If the left lane is open for you to pass use it.
    No, actually it is not.

It's a failure to yield right of way law. There is also a separate left lane is the passing lane law. If you are on a 3 or 4 lane road, and you are in the middle lane(s), even if you are speeding, and traffic comes up from behind you, it is your obligation to move to the next lane to the right and yield to the faster traffic. We went over this is a driving class, taught by active police officers, that I took last year to upgrade my license

I've never heard of anyone, ever, getting a ticket for the left lane violation. ...
    That doesn't change the fact that it was on TV and in print news this summer.

So it has been happening. I also wish it would happen far more often.

The roads to Chicago are 3 and 4 lane. If you cannot get around me in the middle lane, especially when I am following someone else that is going 10 -15 miles over the posted limit...

You don't know how to drive.

Still, if traffic was "OPEN" to quote jedi what is the problem, aside from having another thing to whine about?
    I understand what you are saying, you are still in violation of the law. Not saying others are not also in violation. But you are suggesting that you are not and you, in fact, are.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    They often have cut or damaged pieces for less.
    This was just the regular 4x4 handi-panel. Not sure why it rang up for less, but not complaining. It's nice thick sanded plywood... just what I needed. Now I need to cut it into nine 16x16 squares for my pegboard racks.

Similar to this $86 rack but the sides on mine will be a few inches longer and wider, and I can make them for about $35 a piece.

revolving-base-pegboard-empty.jpg

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No, actually it is not.

It's a failure to yield right of way law. There is also a separate left lane is the passing lane law. If you are on a 3 or 4 lane road, and you are in the middle lane(s), even if you are speeding, and traffic comes up from behind you, it is your obligation to move to the next lane to the right and yield to the faster traffic. We went over this is a driving class, taught by active police officers, that I took last year to upgrade my license

That doesn't change the fact that it was on TV and in print news this summer.

So it has been happening. I also wish it would happen far more often.

I understand what you are saying, you are still in violation of the law. Not saying others are not also in violation. But you are suggesting that you are not and you, in fact, are.

You better hope that a cop pulls me over if you are trying to push me and there is a way to go around me.

ETA I may quickly slow don 15-20 MPH to get to the right and out of your way. I would hate for you to be late for work just because you left late.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny how these "errors" always favor the government.

[video=youtube;mc9bNYSAGrI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc9bNYSAGrI&app=desktop&persist_app=1[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Nothing new...
    The other scam is the city residential parking sticker.
    Some streets require a city sticker to show you are a resident of that street. At city parks the side of the street with the park is always free parking. The other side may be residential parking only. City parking enforcers will still give you a ticket for parking on the park side.

You then have 3 options.
    Pay the $75 ticket
    Send via mail your appeal
    Go to city hall to turn in your appeal

Both times jedi has gotten this bogus ticket when jedi goes to city hall to submit the appeal the various clerks that jedi has seen will always say "you know you can just pay the ticket"

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This was just the regular 4x4 handi-panel. Not sure why it rang up for less, but not complaining. It's nice thick sanded plywood... just what I needed. Now I need to cut it into nine 16x16 squares for my pegboard racks.

Similar to this $86 rack but the sides on mine will be a few inches longer and wider, and I can make them for about $35 a piece.

revolving-base-pegboard-empty.jpg
    I made a revolving display like this for my daughter some years ago with the top opening so she could put stuff inside.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

That'll hold a lot of lip gloss thingies Miss Snap. Is that the plan?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Nice relaxing weekend, I was able to hit SPB for a bit. Mostly great time, but one pistol still acting up. I'm thinking it's the Short Reset Trigger that was put on it, as I have no problem with any regular stock triggers from them. Oh well, still a great time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All this Chiraq talk reminds me I drove the toll road to Ohare and back without paying tolls, this Spring. I was going to pay online, but never did. I wonder if they have wanted posters out for me yet ...

Oohhh!!!
    :facepalm:
    $20 fine per toll that you missed.
    $50 fine per toll you do not pay within the 90 days of them issuing the notice.
    If you have 3 or more unpaid tolls within a 12 month period they will inform the bmv. Depending on your state the DMV will revoke your license or not renew plates/license until you pay the fines/fees.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Oohhh!!!
    :facepalm:
    $20 fine per toll that you missed.
    $50 fine per toll you do not pay within the 90 days of them issuing the notice.
    If you have 3 or more unpaid tolls within a 12 month period they will inform the bmv. Depending on your state the DMV will revoke your license or not renew plates/license until you pay the fines/fees.

Meh, call them, plea ignorance, they'll delete the fines and you'll just have to pay the original tolls.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    All this Chiraq talk reminds me I drove the toll road to Ohare and back without paying tolls, this Spring. I was going to pay online, but never did. I wonder if they have wanted posters out for me yet ...

About 10 years ago, I drove back and forth from Crown Point to south suburbs a few times and didn't realize that the card attached to my I-Zoom had expired. The only notification for it was a bill nearly a year later for $180 which was mostly fines. I tried to fight it but finally ended up paying it. I would get it paid before they send you a bill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom