• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Abort! Abort! They are all about quantity, not quality. We were there a while ago ordering different items. No flavor was found. Disappointing. Just go to Tate's on Willowcreek.
    You were right. Very bland and not any taste. Had to try it for myself and another place not to visit again. Wife and son thought it was good.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will this be deleted?

Have you read the rules?

A one liner post will most likely not be deleted if the majority of your posts are contributing to the site.

I got clipped when I was new because I did not read the rules.

:welcome: 2 :ingo: [SUP]and[/SUP] NWI GENERAL, [SUP]also known as the Psyche Ward.[/SUP]

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Going to take a nice ride today. Planning to head up to the IN/Michigan border to visit the Botanic Gardens on US12 on the outskirts of Michigan City. Probably ride home through Valpo?

If we are home before its too late I want to head to the range and blow up a rogue watermelon or two that followed me home from the Aldi. 458 Socom hollow points tend to make a mess out of back talking and otherwise sassy watermelons that haven't learned to just be polite.

Melensdad, is that a private range? Looking for something closer than Willow Slough.

Ps. 458 sounds like powerful medicine for watermelons, even those big lunkers.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yesterday was a great range day. Spent about 4 hours at Winamac.
    The shockwave is a hoot to shoot! Pretty accurate at 25 yards with slugs. Pattern with 00 buck is 2ft apart at that distance. Big shocker out of a 14" barrel.

Had a under gas issue with my 450 Bushmaster I built. Accurate as get out at 50 yards. Brought it home and the gas hole in the barrel is pretty small for the caliber. Reading a bunch of forums I believe I'm gonna open up the port to .084 from .072. That seems to be a issue with various barrel manufacturers and everything else checks out perfect.

Grocery shopped this morning and been a yard work day today. Grass cut and weed whacked. Patio furniture put up. Wife's flower pots are put up. Picked the last of the tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers and tore the garden out. Tomorrow will be tilling in compost in the garden and and prepping it for next year. Then rearrange the shed to put summer stuff in the rear and bring the winter stuff forward.

Was a Beautiful day today!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Melensdad, is that a private range? Looking for something closer than Willow Slough.

Ps. 458 sounds like powerful medicine for watermelons, even those big lunkers.

Yes. It’s my personal range. I can go out about 175 yards.

And the 458 is a nice thumper! I did som experimental loads with 110 gr aluminum hollow points. No recoil, high velocity and 10’ of flame visible in bright daylight. But most 458 loads are in the 350-450grain range and it’s a really nice round for deer, black bear, Jedi and loudmouth watermelons.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Random ***** from my ride today. Why the hell do half the people around here have to turn corners at exactly one half of one mile per hour? Also a general reminder that the left lane is for passing and if you're driving at the same speed as the person to your right, you're a stupid **** who deserves to die a painful, preferably anal fissure based death.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Random ***** from my ride today. Why the hell do half the people around here have to turn corners at exactly one half of one mile per hour? Also a general reminder that the left lane is for passing and if you're driving at the same speed as the person to your right, you're a stupid **** who deserves to die a painful, preferably anal fissure based death.

Agree!!!

F... 4:30am heading to chiraqi and got idiot slow a... drivers in the left lane on am open highway. Gggrr

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If it is open, what's your problem?

I seldom drive in the left lane, usually the center lane. I have people come up behind me and get right on my tail and follow me when there are open lanes to my left and right.

Some people are a**es.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If it is open, what's your problem?

I seldom drive in the left lane, usually the center lane. I have people come up behind me and get right on my tail and follow me when there are open lanes to my left and right.

Some people are a**es.
    The law says slower traffic must yield to the right lane. If you are in the center lane and don't move over to the right for faster traffic, even if that faster traffic is breaking the law, then you are in violation of the law. You can also cause accidents as you force faster traffic to yield to you, which is a known cause of accidents. So while they may be a**es, you are still very wrong and you are also a hazard.

Move to the right were you belong.

I know that Indiana and Illinois both started giving tickets on their respective interstates for this earlier this year. Doubt its enforced on the Dan Ryan as there are bigger problems there. But I'm glad they are teaching people to move the F##K over to the right by giving them a $150 lesson in court.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The law is that you cannot block the left lane, I do not drive in the left lane. If the left lane is open for you to pass use it.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I know that Indiana and Illinois both started giving tickets on their respective interstates for this earlier this year. Doubt its enforced on the Dan Ryan as there are bigger problems there. But I'm glad they are teaching people to move the F##K over to the right by giving them a $150 lesson in court.

I've never heard of anyone, ever, getting a ticket for the left lane violation. I wish they would start enforcing it, but it seems like one of the more difficult ones to enforce. Most of the time when I come up on someone holding up traffic in the left lane, they're also on their phone; that call that's so important that they cannot be bothered to pay attention to driving; they're on auto-pilot, basically, and don't give a **** about anyone else. Negligent driving for a phone call should carry a mandatory one night in jail sentence, minimum, just to wake their ass up to the importance of driving.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Meh... passing a law to try and change people's habits is pointless. Phone drivers will continue to use their phones.

As for this morning the driver was in the far left lane in the Express lanes driving real slow. (Eyeroll)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom