Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Apparently the 'Bottle Cap Spike Strips' game has made a comeback in GI. Be aware! (Thankfully, not my car.)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    About ten minutes ago I experienced one of my once in a great while headaches. It has already subsided and is just a dull remembrance.

Whenever I have one I think of all of you that I know suffer from migraines. While my head throbbed I said a prayer for each of you that I could think of, even the one that doesn't want them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    About ten minutes ago I experienced one of my once in a great while headaches. It has already subsided and is just a dull remembrance.

Whenever I have one I think of all of you that I know suffer from migraines. While my head throbbed I said a prayer for each of you that I could think of, even the one that doesn't want them.

Lucky you.
    My migraines average about 20 to 30 hours.
    And often involve puking, and the feeling of a midget inside my skull stabbing the back of one of my eyeballs.

:(
    Headaches/migraines are no fun...

No kidding.

I'm wasting a day off with one now. Fortunately, no puking.. yet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Luckily jedi only had 1 while jedi was sick this week.
    It only lasted an hour and jedi's cough meds knocked jedi out so by the time jedi came to, 6hrs later, the headache was also gone. Win!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Luckily jedi only had 1 while jedi was sick this week.
    It only lasted an hour and jedi's cough meds knocked jedi out so by the time jedi came to, 6hrs later, the headache was also gone. Win!!

I can't take prescription migraine pills, because they all are from the same "family" that have an increased chance of stroke. Since I've had a stroke (in the right eye), doc won't write anymore prescriptions for them.
    Which is too bad, because they used to work.

So, I started taking Excedrin migraine, but they don't work very well for me. So I used to take A LOT. Which burned a hole in the stomach, into a vein, and I almost bled to death.

Sooo... I guess I'm F'd and have to deal with them.

I do get the botox migraine treatment. It cuts down on the amount, and USUALLY the severity. But some bad ones slip through.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had one for a couple weeks and was losing weight from vomiting so much. And the acid in the vomit was tearing up my esophagus.
    I had to see a doc, had to take steroids.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    That just sounds absolutely terrible and I could never make it through any of that.

Maybe get 1 every other month it seems. Very random, no idea the trigger. I just start to see the aura and head home. While on the way I lose most vision. While on the way pop several excedrins and my script and hope for the best.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    That just sounds absolutely terrible and I could never make it through any of that.

Maybe get 1 every other month it seems. Very random, no idea the trigger. I just start to see the aura and head home. While on the way I lose most vision. While on the way pop several excedrins and my script and hope for the best.
    j

Be careful with the excedrins.

I don't get the visual effects. Guess I'm lucky there.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I used to get migraines, but about 8 months with the chiropractor they are very rare...and I'm talking 25+ years (but my medical history is obviously different).

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    My granddaughter used to get migraines bad. She went and got a certain part of her ear pierced and hasn't had one since.
    I don't know which part, but my wife said it hurt like a sob

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    NWI Times is harping on the AR-15 raffle by the Portage PD.

Lot of silly anti comments. (facebook)

Lot of good comments too. Including the fact that there will be background check, and that all the crying was good advertisement and all the tickets were sold.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    NWI Times is harping on the AR-15 raffle by the Portage PD.

Lot of silly anti comments. (facebook)

Lot of good comments too. Including the fact that there will be background check, and that all the crying was good advertisement and all the tickets were sold.

I picked up 4 tickets before hitting the grocery store this morning. Fingers crossed

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Thanks. They do suck. The rain systems are my biggest trigger, which had me down Friday and Saturday with them. Thankfully I can take Imitrex, which will knock them out, although the side effects are not good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom