• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Getting ready to finish putting up the last of the Christmas lights on the house and to find out 2 of the 5 new from last year strings of lights some don't work. They say 25,000 hours led lights. Sure they will last that long. Hello customer service. :draw:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :drool:

Made the executive decision today to pitch all the CD cases collecting dust in totes. Found out the plastic is non-recyclable locally. After an exhaustive search, if you want to recycle them, you have to ship them. F* that. Took out all the paper to recycle. All totaled, they filled half a toter & I found some CD's.

u do realize recycling is pointless right?
    we really are not recycling but shipping all that material to china. who for the past 10 years has been buying it from the world and stockpiling it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    u do realize recycling is pointless right?
    we really are not recycling but shipping all that material to china. who for the past 10 years has been buying it from the world and stockpiling it.

If they really want my empty/dirty milk jugs, cans, junk mail, and water bottles, have at it!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :facepalm:
    u simple minded gun nute.
    the bigger question is why is china stockpiling it and continuing to do so. they think in terms of 100s of years we in mins.

plus for all you "save the earth hippies" we r not really saving the earth if we are just stockpiling it elsewhere on the planet.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got the new mailbox installed at the new house before the ground freezes. Luckily it was a nice day to get that done. Probably the only level one in the subdivision. Tile order snafu put work back a week, but we adjusted the order and things were getting worked on in the house.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Getting ready to finish putting up the last of the Christmas lights on the house and to find out 2 of the 5 new from last year strings of lights some don't work. They say 25,000 hours led lights. Sure they will last that long. Hello customer service. :draw:

That's an "average".
    Some will last 50,000 hours, some will last 1.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Often if LED lights go out, water got into the socket and rusted the leads.
    Sometimes multiple bulbs.
    Especially if they sit where the bulbs can get covered with snow, such as on bushes.

So you have to pop each bulb and look for rusted leads. Unplug, pop the bulb, clean with dremel and wire brush. Clean socket with brush.
    Or, throw away.

Also, Commercial bulbs seem to work better. A bit more $$, but the plastic diffuser cap seals the bulb in.
    You can check. The diffuser cap would screw on, over the bulb.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got the new mailbox installed at the new house before the ground freezes. Luckily it was a nice day to get that done. Probably the only level one in the subdivision. Tile order snafu put work back a week, but we adjusted the order and things were getting worked on in the house.

I guess instead of staying up all night reading, then sleeping during the day, I should have fixed replaced the garage door battery back up, reprogrammed it's limits, then modified 6 more "big candles" for the front yard, and 3 nutcracker soliders.

Oh well.

Work "might" return me to work this week. If they do, it might be Sunday, or it might be this Wednesday. And then I'll be killed with overtime again.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I guess instead of staying up all night reading, then sleeping during the day, I should have fixed replaced the garage door battery back up, reprogrammed it's limits, then modified 6 more "big candles" for the front yard, and 3 nutcracker soliders.

Oh well.

Work "might" return me to work this week. If they do, it might be Sunday, or it might be this Wednesday. And then I'll be killed with overtime again.
    Better consider doing some of those things before Thurdsay according to the weather folks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Better consider doing some of those things before Thurdsay according to the weather folks.

Hopefully, once I change the garage door back up battery, and reprogram the limits, that should get the door going. Hopefully 15 minutes. Ha ha.

Then the candles and soldiers. I have scrap boards precut, I need to put about 5 screws into each to be able to stabilize each of the candles or soldiers.
    That should be fast.
    But the bulb sockets have to be "notched".
    They're meant to fit tight on a bulb to make a seal. But the LED replacement bulbs (like for your house lights) have bigger bases. So I have to notch the socket to get the bulb to fit.
    That will take a while, still, and hour or two and it should be done.

But then.. then I need to pack the stuff up in the garage where the SUV goes. That will take awhile. Tools to put away. Stuff to put in the plastic totes, then into the SUV.
    That way, I can call the damn furnace repairman. Every time I look at the furnace, I think it's something different. Right now, I'm suspecting the gas valve isn't opening the main. And that looks like a pain to get to. So I'm just gonna call a repairman.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got a little further on "Better Days".
    Did the beat for the entire song.
    All I have left is to do about 75 percent of the voice, and a couple strings I need to copy/paste from other strings timing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom