• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So the wife said that I should buy some art for the house. I had complained about some of her choices (example: vinyl decal over the cabinets in the kitchen with random “cooking words” like, “roast, boil, purée”)
    So here’s what I got:
    aeb688775f67417f5bf1b06c49aba8f8.jpg

I have a feeling it’s going to end up in the gun room.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So the wife said that I should buy some art for the house. I had complained about some of her choices (example: vinyl decal over the cabinets in the kitchen with random “cooking words” like, “roast, boil, purée”)
    So here’s what I got:
    aeb688775f67417f5bf1b06c49aba8f8.jpg

I have a feeling it’s going to end up in the gun room.
    Such great artwork. Too bad you can't put it near the door so everyone can enjoy it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I don't know what to do about killing them inside the nest, but spraying vinegar on all of the ones you can find helps. We get swarms of those winged ants near the south door of the house a couple of times a year. Don't know where they come from, but all of a sudden there are thousands of them just in that one 4-5 foot area. I put vinegar in a spray bottle and douse them, and they are gone the next day.
    Thanks. Might have to try this as well. I usually don't see them until mowing the lawn, so don't think it's too big an issue

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Howdy guys and gals,
    I was browsing the last few pages and I discovered that some of you are having trouble with ants. I live on a small farm and we have our share around here. My grandpa used to pour diesel fuel along the house (near the concrete base). The ants were not a problem after that, the house did stink for a few days though. He passed away 15 or so years ago, it hasn't been done since
    Howdy.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    25 some years ago ... (when I was still fresh and new to the fire service). There was a guy with an ant problem that thought it would be a good idea to burn them out with a small propane torch (the kind used for sweating pipes). The ants were going up and down his foundation and disappearing behind the siding by his back door. When we got the call, we could see the smoke from several blocks away. I'm pretty sure he solved the ant problem.
    i was in the fire service and saw a few houses go the way of a positive pressure fan.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    25 some years ago ... (when I was still fresh and new to the fire service). There was a guy with an ant problem that thought it would be a good idea to burn them out with a small propane torch (the kind used for sweating pipes). The ants were going up and down his foundation and disappearing behind the siding by his back door. When we got the call, we could see the smoke from several blocks away. I'm pretty sure he solved the ant problem.
    Funny thing is he probably didn't

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hello Friday morning. How many shopping days till Christmas and having to listen to that Chicago radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 for about 2 months the wife likes. :bat:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hello Friday morning. How many shopping days till Christmas and having to listen to that Chicago radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 for about 2 months the wife likes. :bat:

Who makes you tune it in?

Ear plugs.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Errands, errands, errands before my golf trip. :faint:
    Funny thing is, after 2 rounds of golf & :buddies:on Monday, we get a free shuttle to the original Big Woods restaurant, then to an after-hours VIP tour & tasting of brews & spirits at Hard Truth Hills. The owner REALLY wants to test out this service before opting to make it available to the public. He as been forwarded of the group's condition at that point & wasn't concerned. I'm not sure how much "tasting" will be going on by that point.
    :alcoholic:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom