2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Rant time
    For the 5th time in the last 12 years i have been selected for possible jury duty. The first 4 i was picked. I have no problem with doing your civic duty but this is out of hand. What really ticks me off is the fact that i will have to use my vacation time because they pay you a whopping $40 per day to be a juror and my boss(owner), being the jackass he is will not cover my time away. Who the hell can afford to miss work and get paid a measly $40. Last 3 times ive had jury duty they were all 3 days, plus the first day for jury selection, which they only pay $20 for. Why in the heck can't they select jurors from the people recieving welfare or unemployment. Im sure they could use the extra $40 a day on top of said benefits. This crap costs me $800 in pay if i don't use my v-days or pretty much screws me from taking any kind of vacation. Anyone else get called to serve this many times? Its every 28-30 months i get this and even add to the survey you have to fill out online that i don't think i can be impartial. They still pick me! Ugh! Not once has it been an even remotely, what i personally would deem,cool case. They've all been civil not criminal. Im extremely fed up with this and am likely to blow a gasket, if i get selected again, when i go for jury selection on the 5th. Sorry, had to vent!
    :ranton:

That is exactly who you want on the jury when you the rich white guy is on trial for shooting the poor black kid who was turning his life around.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I think I need to be cloned; I’ve picked up a tutoring gig a couple nights a week to make a few extra bucks, I have one daughter taking violin lessons, and three in basketball. On top of this, my wife has turned into a fundraising queen to help pay for our oldest’s DC trip, which means that I have now learned how to make bath bombs and am hawking Super Bowl squares to everyone I see. I think selling a kidney would have been easier on me. Oh well, they’re only young once; soon enough they’ll move out and I’ll have time to die.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That is exactly who you want on the jury when you the rich white guy is on trial for shooting the poor black kid who was turning his life around.

While i dont disagree with that statement at all when comes to the career welfare recipients, the people on unemployment are a different story. As far as i know you cant be on unemployment your whole life, you have to actually work to recieve it.
    You are definitely correct though for 90% of welfare recipients. I concede on that area.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just tell them you hate people.
    That if it was up to you, you would give kim from n.k
    The gps coordinates for nwi cause that is how much you hate whites, blacks, mexicans, indians, chinese, vientamese, asians, middle eastern, etc.

Im sure they will write you off the list in no time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just tell them you hate people.
    That if it was up to you, you would give kim from n.k
    The gps coordinates for nwi cause that is how much you hate whites, blacks, mexicans, indians, chinese, vientamese, asians, middle eastern, etc.

Im sure they will write you off the list in no time.

I might just try that:rofl:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Rant time
    For the 5th time in the last 12 years i have been selected for possible jury duty. The first 4 i was picked. I have no problem with doing your civic duty but this is out of hand. What really ticks me off is the fact that i will have to use my vacation time because they pay you a whopping $40 per day to be a juror and my boss(owner), being the jackass he is will not cover my time away. Who the hell can afford to miss work and get paid a measly $40. Last 3 times ive had jury duty they were all 3 days, plus the first day for jury selection, which they only pay $20 for. Why in the heck can't they select jurors from the people recieving welfare or unemployment. Im sure they could use the extra $40 a day on top of said benefits. This crap costs me $800 in pay if i don't use my v-days or pretty much screws me from taking any kind of vacation. Anyone else get called to serve this many times? Its every 28-30 months i get this and even add to the survey you have to fill out online that i don't think i can be impartial. They still pick me! Ugh! Not once has it been an even remotely, what i personally would deem,cool case. They've all been civil not criminal. Im extremely fed up with this and am likely to blow a gasket, if i get selected again, when i go for jury selection on the 5th. Sorry, had to vent!
    :ranton:

I am a favorite for some reason. I have been seated 6 times, served 4 begged off twice. It has been over a year and that is when your name goes back in the pool, in Lake County.

My wife and daughter get called for Federal court in Hammond a lot, but the case gets plead out every time, so no actual time lost.

Next time I'm going to make a big deal about having 4 convictions under my belt. "let's get this on, they call me the hanging juror".

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I am a favorite for some reason. I have been seated 6 times, served 4 begged off twice. It has been over a year and that is when your name goes back in the pool, in Lake County.

My wife and daughter get called for Federal court in Hammond a lot, but the case gets plead out every time, so no actual time lost.

Next time I'm going to make a big deal about having 4 convictions under my belt. "let's get this on, they call me the hanging juror".

You can claim an exemption if its been less than 2 years since being a juror, but for me, its been just over 2years everytime when i get the card in the mail. The biggest thing that irks me is having to waste my vacation time so i dont lose the pay on my check, because $40 per day just doesnt cut it

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Most of those were out of pocket. The first time I begged out was years ago when Lake county made you report every Monday for s weeks. I had already sat on 2 and was seated for a third.

I served once when I was on a salaried job. They did not require me to sign the checks over to them, so it was a small bonus.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooo Jedi why did you bring the snow back ?

and wondering have any of you guys bought a gun at a dealer since the Federal Gov. shut down, I seen some discussion about NICS being shut down.

zaxXxon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2018
    Cedar Lake
    I think I need to be cloned; I’ve picked up a tutoring gig a couple nights a week to make a few extra bucks, I have one daughter taking violin lessons, and three in basketball. On top of this, my wife has turned into a fundraising queen to help pay for our oldest’s DC trip, which means that I have now learned how to make bath bombs and am hawking Super Bowl squares to everyone I see. I think selling a kidney would have been easier on me. Oh well, they’re only young once; soon enough they’ll move out and I’ll have time to die.
    Good on you

Your kids are lucky. Hope that ethic rubs off on them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom