Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Did Portillos put up their signs again? I was there a month or two ago and there was not one single sign anywhere that we could see (three pairs of eyes).

I know they had them up a couple years ago and I contacted corporate about the signs. Their response was pretty much a "We would love to have you eat at our place. Just leave your gun in the car for everyone's safety." I interpreted that to mean, "Too bad."

I stopped going there for quite a while. Then I decided that instead of depriving myself of their yummy burgers and chocolate cake, I would be the one that said, "Too bad. I'm going to carry anyway." Well, when we returned, the signs were gone I have not seen them since.

Ooops, forgot why I was here ... Anyone have an ambidextrous AR? A dedicated left hand AR would be even better ... something like a Stag Arms. PM me please. Thanks!

I use standard stuff as noted upstream, and have no problems. When your in the military you deal with the occasional brass burn. I look at them as scars of honor. Suck it up buttercup.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    They just broke ground on the new location. The old one by Jewel is still open.

I heard a rumor earlier this week that Rob's meats is to occupy the old Pop's location. Rob's is currently in Dyer/Schererville just off of Rt. 30. If this is true, I'd very happy. They're a pretty darn good meat market.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Did Portillos put up their signs again? I was there a month or two ago and there was not one single sign anywhere that we could see (three pairs of eyes).

I know they had them up a couple years ago and I contacted corporate about the signs. Their response was pretty much a "We would love to have you eat at our place. Just leave your gun in the car for everyone's safety." I interpreted that to mean, "Too bad."

I stopped going there for quite a while. Then I decided that instead of depriving myself of their yummy burgers and chocolate cake, I would be the one that said, "Too bad. I'm going to carry anyway." Well, when we returned, the signs were gone I have not seen them since.

Ooops, forgot why I was here ... Anyone have an ambidextrous AR? A dedicated left hand AR would be even better ... something like a Stag Arms. PM me please. Thanks!

I use standard stuff as noted upstream, and have no problems. When your in the military you deal with the occasional brass burn. I look at them as scars of honor. Suck it up buttercup.

I think WD is also a veteran.
    The AR is for me for a carbine class that we are taking. It's not the brass that is a issue, it's the safety and the charging handle. For the range it's not a problem but for a class it's going to slow me down.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife and I voted while our son witnessed civic duties being preformed. :patriot:
    Mowed the grass...guessing that chore will happen 2 more times. :dunno:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    When you need it Lone? Been thinking about an ambi safety but haven't ordered one yet. Might be able to grab one and install it for you to use.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    20161029_210709_zpsn51gloul.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wife and I voted while our son witnessed civic duties being preformed. :patriot:
    Mowed the grass...guessing that chore will happen 2 more times. :dunno:

That is nice cause you realize no matter what you selected since we live in lake county da machine is rigged to say 'd' at the end of the day.

And on a sad note former ec mayor robert a pastrick died yesterday. One of the last political machine bosses in the country.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The AR is for me for a carbine class that we are taking. It's not the brass that is a issue, it's the safety and the charging handle. For the range it's not a problem but for a class it's going to slow me down.

practice practice practice. It took me a few minutes to get the hang of it using my left hand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom