Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Anyone know a place with good Italian beef sammich near Portage/Merrillville area? I got a craving for one hah!

in other news, just ordered the new lcpII and look forward to picking it up next week!
    Also my new plastic Larry came in the mail like a week after requesting a duplicate. Good week so far!
    I know it is late, but I love Zels way more than Portillos. Probably one of my favorite, also great chili cheese fries too.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Anyone know a place with good Italian beef sammich near Portage/Merrillville area? I got a craving for one hah!

in other news, just ordered the new lcpII and look forward to picking it up next week!
    Also my new plastic Larry came in the mail like a week after requesting a duplicate. Good week so far!

Good Italian beef, but the meatball sandwich is very good!

J. & J.'S PIZZA SHACK

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;9c0U-4Axvbw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c0U-4Axvbw[/video]

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Did Portillos put up their signs again? I was there a month or two ago and there was not one single sign anywhere that we could see (three pairs of eyes).

I know they had them up a couple years ago and I contacted corporate about the signs. Their response was pretty much a "We would love to have you eat at our place. Just leave your gun in the car for everyone's safety." I interpreted that to mean, "Too bad."

I stopped going there for quite a while. Then I decided that instead of depriving myself of their yummy burgers and chocolate cake, I would be the one that said, "Too bad. I'm going to carry anyway." Well, when we returned, the signs were gone I have not seen them since.

Ooops, forgot why I was here ... Anyone have an ambidextrous AR? A dedicated left hand AR would be even better ... something like a Stag Arms. PM me please. Thanks!
    usmarine is a southpaw.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Just a heads up not sure how many of you go to jasper Pulaski to shoot but went today and they changed all the backstops over to plywood so bring a stapler. DNR said they just changed over not quite sure how long ago but was there a couple monthes ago and it was still chicken wire. Luckily he had a stapler with him.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Doesn't he use standard issue stuff though?

Hawks win!

Watching the World Series... it was better in person w/ the Sox playing. Butttttt... here's to the Cubs!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Honestly, I don't find Zel's to be as good as it used to be. They used to be family owned, but since the Routmen family is out of the picture, it just doesn't seem as good to me. Maybe it's just the one in CP.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Hm, thanks for the advice, I will have to check out Zels when I go to pick up my LCP II from South County guns.
    Last time I had a good Italian beef was from Portillos. It was good, but not what I'd call the best. Pricey too.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hm, thanks for the advice, I will have to check out Zels when I go to pick up my LCP II from South County guns.
    Last time I had a good Italian beef was from Portillos. It was good, but not what I'd call the best. Pricey too.
    It seems like most restaurant today have quality and quantity go down with the price going up.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Honestly, I don't find Zel's to be as good as it used to be. They used to be family owned, but since the Routmen family is out of the picture, it just doesn't seem as good to me. Maybe it's just the one in CP.
    My wife doesn't like the one in CP either, I really don't notice the difference, but she loves the one in Schererville. I'm still sad they tore down the one on 41.

One Shot One Kill, Portillos was ok the last few times I'd gone, but I've always enjoyed Zels. Heck, just last year I finally tried their chicken sandwich and that was pretty dang good as well. Although, only had that twice, since I'm usually going there for the Italian Beef Sandwich.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I know Pop's has gotten mixed reviews here, but I really like the one in CP. Love their beef and cheddar with grilled onions. I always end up wearing some of it on my shirt, but so worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom