Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've heard some horror stories about it there. Good luck and hopefully you'll be in and out, although that rarely happens with the VA.

I've been there multiple times in the past few years and had one surgery done there. If I can avoid it like the plague I will do what I can to use the VA choice. Except in order to see about getting my rating increased after having two knee surgeries done in less than 2 yrs gotta go see the knee doc up there. I would guess it will be a 5 min in and out waste of my time like it was when I first started the process for disability back in 2011.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I went to the brand new Eagle Sport Range in Oak Forest IL yesterday. It was pretty great. Very nice facility. It looked like they had a lot of nice guns to rent. They took my LTCH as a FOID (that is always confusing for Illinois folks). 25 yard pistol range, and I think they said 47 yard indoor rifle. $20 an hour on the pistol range was a bit steep, as were most of their prices. Super clean place.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I've been there multiple times in the past few years and had one surgery done there. If I can avoid it like the plague I will do what I can to use the VA choice. Except in order to see about getting my rating increased after having two knee surgeries done in less than 2 yrs gotta go see the knee doc up there. I would guess it will be a 5 min in and out waste of my time like it was when I first started the process for disability back in 2011.
    Good luck and hope it works out to be that fast. Actually my exam at Knox took awhile, but they were documenting 15 years of abuse and ravages of cancer. Hopefully you'll fare better

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Anyone know a place with good Italian beef sammich near Portage/Merrillville area? I got a craving for one hah!

in other news, just ordered the new lcpII and look forward to picking it up next week!
    Also my new plastic Larry came in the mail like a week after requesting a duplicate. Good week so far!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone know a place with good Italian beef sammich near Portage/Merrillville area? I got a craving for one hah!

in other news, just ordered the new lcpII and look forward to picking it up next week!
    Also my new plastic Larry came in the mail like a week after requesting a duplicate. Good week so far!

Go to Zel's. There's not one in Merrillville anymore, but there's one on Main St in Crown Point. Also in Schererville on 30, Hammond on Columbia. Thinks that's all of them anymore....

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

There is a place called Salvoras on McCool, it's considered Valparaiso. They make a pretty darn good beef sandwhich. I get mine with Mozzerella, grilled onions and peppers, gardinea on the side. It also comes with home made au jus. And they deliver. Salvoras Pizza

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I had a combo Beef and hot sausage with lots of sport peppers at Portillo's yesterday, ummmm goood.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom