• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    High school fencing season is in full swing again.

Its also that time when kids ask for letters of recommendations for colleges and scholarships.

If you have a child entering or in high school do their teachers/coaches/bosses a huge favor.

Have your child make up a "student resume" so they can provide their teachers/coaches/bosses a list of activities that they participate in, jobs they have/had, etc. When we write your children letters of recommendation we only know a SMALL PART of your child's life. The letters we write for your students are better if we know MORE information rather than LESS information.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    More on the steelworker.

https://clips.abcotvs.com/wls/channel/news/offset/0/video/221843

The most dangerous time for an employee is the first couple days in a new shop.
    With Resource Sharing, everyday becomes the most dangerous, because everyday you're in a new shop.
    Then, in case that's not enough, let's work him 70 to 90 hour weeks.

He's a welder, electrocuted. We just had a motor inspector electrocuted in June.

gundawg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2016
    Cedar Lake
    Guy at Bass Pro said the new owner plans on mothballing the Cabela's location.

Gotta say I'm bummed out at this news. I'm a very satisfied Cabela's customer and their Hammond location is a lot closer for me that the Bass Pro in Portage. I often buy from Cabela's online as I get email alerts for sales and special deals (for Club members) and have the stuff shipped for free to Hammond for pickup. Recently I got two knives of retail value $160 for $25 and two scopes retailing for about $250 for $100 (after discounts and $30 Bushnell rebate). When in the Hammond store I always hit the Bargain Den; I've found some really great deals in there. Like the time I bought two Pietta BP revolvers, an engraved nickel 1851 Navy 44 Sheriff and an 1858 Remington 44 Sheriff for less than half their retail value.

Not much to do but hope Bass Pro doesn't screw it up.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I thought about this today and I don't think they will close the Cabela's. It is closer to the population center.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I don't ever shop at either. Could care less if they all closed. It would actually be a plus... Alot less harder for kids to buy camo stuff to stick on their trucks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I thought about this today and I don't think they will close the Cabela's. It is closer to the population center.

Plus how long has the hammond cabelas been opened?
    IIRC hammond gave them a tax break for several years which may or may not be up by now. Im thinking it is since it seems like forever that the store went up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom